Hello family! I miss all of you already. This last year in my life has been full of interesting events. I finally finished up school and graduated from BYU. My whole immediate family came out. (I missed Laurie and the kids). My favorite part was getting to spend time with CJ when he wasnt busy attending to all the needs of his family. It was like the good old days. I even convinced him to sleep with me and my roomate on the roof of our house which totally backfired because it poured on us in the middle of the night. Graduating is not all its cracked up to be, especially when you gradate with a bachelors of science and you cant find a real career job unless you go further with your degree. It is nice to say, however, that I have already been working in my field for a year and a half, (Personal Training). After I graduated last April I was a lifeguard while still working a lot at the gym. September came and my apartment contract was up. Because of my lack of planning ahead of time and not knowing what to do with my life, being that I just graduated, I ended up being homeless. My roomate was in the same situation so her and I and another girl were homeless together for about three weeks. It was fun at first not having to pay rent and visiting our friends all the time. You stay at your friends house for a really long time when youre homeless cuz you have no where else to go. Ha ha. We camped out in the woods in the provo canyon and also slept on a tarp on my friends front lawn right next to a busy street. It was pretty fun. My roomate and I had just gotten brand new puppies two weeks earlier and the hardest thing to do was take care of them because we had to leave them in their kennels while we were gone or at work. After three weeks I found a place in Orem with four other girls. It was really nice to have a home at that point. I was very grateful. Chewie (my dog) and I moved in on september 17. By this time lifeguarding was over and work at the gym was starting to get really slow. I got really into cycling even more than before. I was always saying how I never got anything done because I was always on my bike. I went on several hundred mile rides with half of the miles being uphill. I love cycling. It is my favoritwe thing to do. In october I went on a graduation trip to monterey california with my family. It is incredible there and just like paradise. We had good weather the whole time. I came back to utah and started to search for a full time job so I could have more work. I had interview after interview with no luck till January. It is the most frustrating feeling not having full time work when you are not in school. You feel like you are wasting time and you feel worthless. I started really praying and going to the temple and the Lord blessed me right after and now I have three jobs!!! I still work at the gym part time and I got a job at Sundance Mountain Resort as a concierge. I book all events for lodging guests. I love it up there because I get tons of things for free. My third job is singing acapella at Macaroni Grille Friday and Saturday Nights friom 6-9. That job is very nerve racking being that I am just walking around singing to tables or just singing in general. Other than that I am doing well. I am not dating anyone currently but I hope to find pince charming soon : ). I love and miss you all!
Camille
No comments:
Post a Comment