Dear Family:
It would not be normal if I was not the last one to have my letter in.
Things are going fine here in Blackfoot.
Basketball: st got back from the State tournament in Boise. We had a tough draw. We played Skyview High School from Boise. They were 23 and 0 We led them most of the way. We eventually lost in double overtime.
We went on to beat Mountain Home by 7 and Hillcrest by 15 for the consolation championship. It was good to have Shane help me again. That has been a great experience to coach with your son. His job is going to prevent him from helping me in the future. Sounds like a good time for me to give up coaching also.
Teaching: I am finishing my 30th year of teaching. I have two more years and I am going to retire. Not looking forward to being 2 years older but am looking forward to retirement and having more freedom with my time.
Tena is still kitchen manager here at the High School. She has about 5 years left if she decides to go the full way.
Health: Dammed old age, as Grandpa Humpherys would say.
Business: Started a business called Crooked Canyon Stables at Grand Targhee Restort. It is a small riding stable, with only 14 horses. It went pretty well for the first year. Thanks to Kennys expertise things went quite smooth. The weather was perfect and things were quite peaceful at Grand Targhee.
Sorry I could not make the reunion last summer. Hope to be able to this summer. Sounds liker Sharon and Bob have a great one planned.
Tena and I are heading to the Grand Canyon next week. We have never seen it. We are looking forward to some Sun Shine. It has been cold here this winter.
Hope everyone is doing wonderful
Love, Gerald and Tena
No comments:
Post a Comment