Kim and Darc 2008

Dear Family,

It’s a cold South Dakota day and I’m hoping remembering the good things of 2008 will help me forget this miserable winter weather. I’m longing for Spring and looking forward to the family reunion (which Mom is in charge of) I’m grateful that we all still have our jobs and are doing well despite a wretched economy. Selling TV advertising is a bit of a challenge in this economy, but in some ways I’m more energized because I know I need to work harder and smarter to get it done.

Darc is doing well. His job is secure because unfortunately there will always be kids who are in trouble and need a place to go to hopefully get straightened out. It’s sad that the one thing that could help them is not really allowed. How I wish they could shown and told about the love of God, and his mercy. Darc has started a therapy dog treatment where he takes our two dogs into the kids who have had a good week. They get to play, hug, or just sit with the dogs. Both dogs are love bugs so they think it’s great. We’ve talked about doing something similar with horses on a one on one basis. We haven’t talked to the school officially about it yet, but we’d like to.

The highlight of my year was a trip to the Riviera Mia in Mexico, south of Cancun with Mandy, Mom and Bob. Mom and I went to Mazatlan many years ago when I was still flying for Frontier. I was in my 20s and Mom in her 40s. We had such a wonderful time that I promised Mandy that we would do the same someday. Well, I figured her graduation from college on the Dean’s list every year was excuse enough, so that was my graduation gift to her. I am so thankful that Mom and Bob were able to go with us. They are so much fun. We swam with the dolphins, rode horses in the ocean, soaked up the sun, ate like pigs and just had the most wonderful time.

Darc’s youngest son, Andrew graduated from the Marines. He’s in North Carolina now getting additional training. Tessa is still going to college in Fargo, Matthew, Paul and Adam are all working in Bismarck. Darc goes to North Dakota about once a month to spend time with them. I love it when they come to South Dakota to visit which they frequently do in the summer. I fully intend to bribe my future grand children with horses, dogs and whatever else it takes to get them to visit often.
So life is good. I’m thankful to have Mandy and Chris a mile down the road. I’m looking forward to spring, the flower garden, the horses, etc. Darc lives to golf and watch the Twins play baseball and see his kids.

I love you all and am so proud of my heritage. I can’t wait to see you all at the family reunion.

With Love,
Kim and Darc Gibbins
e-mail kdgibbins@santel.net

No comments: