Not much has changed. At least it doesn't seem like it. I asked Gary to write this and he said he can't even remember what has happened the last year ... and then he started listing off all the things about the farm ... ya, he could remember that. {haha}
Since the last newsletter, I found out I was pregnant and we had our 4th child, 2nd boy August 27th, 2008. Landon Gary is very easy going and patient, just like his Dad. He loves his brother and sisters and loves to watch them be goofy. I had him just before harvest so I got to take Harvest off this year. It was nice to have a break, but it was really hard not to be involved and see all that was going on.
Megan just turned 4 last month. She is our "ball-a-holic". She enjoyed going to the Blackfoot Boys Basketball games so much this year. The first game she was trying very hard to go get a ball and go play with them. She was very upset that she couldn't. She's also VERY upset that Jake gets to do T-ball this year and she doesn't. She's enjoying swimming lessons and violin lessons (from Aunt DD). She's our spit fire and I'm so happy for the energy she brings to our family.
Jake just turned 6 and started Kindergarten last fall. He loves school and is doing very well. Last June we found out that he has a disease called Perthes, or Legg-Calve Perthes disease. You can read more about that on my blog. He still wants to be a farmer like his Dad. He also has been driving the four wheelers and Kawasaki Mule everywhere he can. Gary would like to get him his own motorcycle, but I'm not too sure about that. Jake also enjoys violin lessons but he'd rather play with his cousins so we try really hard to get him to continue focusing during lesson time.
Emalee turned 8 last December and was baptized January 3rd. It's so hard to believe our kids are growing up. I keep telling them to stop it but they won't listen to me. She is in the Second grade and loves school and her teacher. She comes home and gets her homework done without even being asked. It helps that the teacher rewards them with extra p.e. at the end of the week tho. She is also loving swimming lessons and is like a little fish. She is doing very well at violin lessons also. Emalee had perfect attendance last year and won a 20.00 gift certificate to any of the stores around town. She is striving for perfect attendance again this year as well and has reached it so far. Only 8 more weeks of school! Hope she gets it. I'm proud of her for setting a goal and accomplishing it.I'm not different. I just take the kids to where they need to go and play on the computer. I've been having fun taking pictures and trying to be a better photographer but just for my own satisfaction. I can't wait for summer so I can get out of the house!
Thank you all for getting your newsletters in. I'm very sorry it is taking me so long to get the hardcopies done but will get that done soon.
I can't wait to see you all at the reunion in Afton. Love you all very much!!
Mary Lynn, Gary, Emalee, Jake, Megan, and Landon
208-782-0728
rustyacrefarms@hotmail.com
http://www.heavensevans.blogspot.com/
326 N Hwy 91
Blackfoot, ID 83221
P.S. If you are in town to see Gerald, give me a call. I don't live that far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment