Melanie & Elliot 2009




Hello Humpherys Fam-
I guess its that time again. I was trying to think what happen this past year and not repeat myself from last years newsletter. We moved into our first home/townhouse in Taylorsville Utah. We closed on it in May. I was excited to not have to work as an apartment manager anymore. We found out that I was pregnant with our second little girl in April. It seemed like I was pregnant forever. I was a lot sicker with this baby than Josie. It was nice to share my pregnancy problems with Michelle. Michelle was due 6 days later than me. Elliot went on our family backpacking trip for the first time this past July and loved all the fishing they did. We went to Lake Powell as we do every summer to visit Elliot's grandparents that live in Page. We jet skied and played in the water, Josie was terrified of the Jet ski's for some reason. We had our sweet Carly Decker on December 11, 2009. She was 8 lbs 2 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. She has the most hair you'll ever see on a newborn. We love her so much and are so happy to have her in our family.
Josie has learned a lot this past year, with talking, understanding what we say and she loves to push her limits. She loves to watch any Disney movie and knows all the princesses by name. She wants to play with her cousins all the time and loves her Nanny Becky and Boppa Ray so much. She's always on the go, riding her bike, playing dress up or playing with her friends.
I haven't received a calling in church right now but Elliot just got called to be the ward financial clerk. He deals with the tithing. Elliot is still working at Fidelity Investments and loving it. I'm lucky to stay home with my girls. I finished four more credits toward my associates and only have four more to go. I hope to finish this next December with my associates. I would have had it by now but I had a kid instead. Were excited for the family reunion this year and can't wait to catch up with all of the family.
Love, Melanie, Elliot, Josie and Carly

No comments: