Dear Family,
I guess there are a few items of news this year. I should keep a journal because I am getting old and can’t remember what has happened for a whole year. Jan. through April was pretty much the same usual routine. School, Church, Family, Watching the grandkids play Basketball, Football, Track Baseball, Track, and whatever else.
Spring break we went to Dawnetta Hot Springs with Shawn and Shanes family to try out our newly acquired fifth wheels, and to sit in the hot pool for the purpose of warming up after the long cold winter. Mean time Linda and family were basking in the sun on the beaches of Hawaii.
May 2nd rolled around and things got out of the usual routine in a hurry. Tena and I were at church. The three hour block was just coming to an end and Tena came to my priesthood class and said she had to go home. She had a headache like no other in her life. I took her home to lie down. After a few minutes we decided this was not a normal headache. After much urging Shawn and I got her in the car, and we were off to the hospital. By the time we got their, she did not know where she was, or what was happening. They took a C scan and discovered she had a bleed on the brain.
Before the scan, Shawn and I gave her a blessing. After the scan they immediately sent her in an ambulance to Id. Falls. She does not remember that ride to this day.
You all know the rest of the story. After a week of treatment and tests, they let her go home. She went home having lost 80% of her eye sight, and the ability to read and write. She has since made a 100 % recovery. In my eyes this is nothing short of a miracle, and an answer to many prayers by many people. The power of the priesthood is real. I want you all to know how much we appreciated the prayers, the phone calls, and the concern shown while Tena went through this trial in her life. Thanks for the time that Florence and Nadean spent in our home, the first couple of weeks after she came home. It is good to be a part of such a good loving family.
June was spent getting horses ready to go to Grand Targhee, for the summer. We had a enjoyable summer and things went well. I am going back again this summer.
The fall was spent in school, watching Trae, Madison and Carter play sports. Trae was Quarter Back on his football team. They had a great season, played for State Championship, and Trae was named all State
Quarter Back.
Tena and I are very lucky to have our kids and Grandkids living close by. Shawn lives 5 minutes away and is a big help to me. I try not to take advantage of his good nature. Carter, Hayden, and Hadley are great at driving the 4 wheeler for me when I feed the horses. All the grandkids enjoy helping me do the chores. (9 Grandkids by the way)
Tena is still in the Relief Society Presidency and I just got released from the Stake Young Men Presidency, and put in as the High Priest Group leader in our ward.
On May 27, I Will be teaching my last day of school. I will be 58 in September and well have taught for 32 years. Age (58) and experience (32) will add up to 90 which will give me full retirement. It is bitter sweet. I am looking forward to September, when I will really start to enjoy some free time. I plan to spend a lot of time on Palisade Lake and Jackson Lake. I will spend a lot of time catching up on some hunting, which I have not done a whole lot of the last 20 years. I will have time to Pack into the mountains with my horses and spend a few days. I plan on Bow hunting with Shawn and Shane, and seeing things first hand for myself, not taking their word for the big stories they have been telling me the past few years. I admit, they are good hunters and have each bagged a big bull elk the last 2 years.
On March 10,11, and 12th 2011, Shawn, Shane, Ray, and Jimmy traveled to Las Vegas to watch the Mountain West Tournament. We met up with Newell, CJ, Trevor, and Damien. We also met up with Stanley Thurman. We enjoyed watching the games, especially Watching Jimmer Score 52 points. We also met up with Robert and Kelly for a buffet meal at the Rio. It was a mini family reunion.
I almost forgot the Little Greys River Family Reunion. What a great reunion. Nadean and family did a wonderful job. Thanks for all the hard work you put into making it a huge success.
Got to go.
Love Gerald and Tena
No comments:
Post a Comment