To all the fam’,
I am amazed that it takes Uncle Newell to travel all the way from California to Las Vegas, “just to see me and tell me I need to write the news letter”. I’m sure that the rest of you are all jealous. So as promised I’m writing this today as dated above and will be emailing it shortly to C.J. (OK Laurie really to you).
At first thought it didn’t really seem like there was much that happened in 2010. But as we reflected on the past year, it really has been an amazing year of many rich blessings. I have to admit I can’t remember in which order these things happened, but they did.
Probably the biggest news to report on is Brooke becoming engaged to the Bart man. You all met him at the reunion. He’s a good man and I for one am glad he speekes e Spanish (no he’s not Spanish). It comes in handy while yard sale-ing. So I’ll leave the details for Brooke as to not steal her thunder. Brooke is working (yes she got a promotion) for the City of Henderson Parks and Rec. department. She’s a dedicated employee... takes after her mom on that point. Brooke has wonderful musical abilities. She plays the Piano, the French Horn, and the Guitar. She loves composing music and I’m sure she will certainly make a difference with her talents. Now she gets to plan her wedding and her future with her future hubby Bart Baby.
Bart is currently working as a EMT, going to school to become a Fireman/Paramedic. We are proud of them for striving to start out on the right foot and it’s a pleasure to get to know him…good guy!
Tan-d-man has worked hard and was awarded his Eagle Scout award along w/ a good friend. I remember when he and Robby (his friend) went to their first scout camp at 11 years old and earned 10 Merritt badges each. They worked their booty off to get them, and continued on until finally earning their Eagle Scout rank 6 years later. Tanner also played volley ball for high school as well as a private club. They went back to Texas for Junior Olympics. Didn’t do as well as they had hoped, but had a good time. Tanner has really turned into a very good volleyball player. Actually he also went on a “Back-East” trip with other youth from the area for about two weeks. Visiting many of the historical sites of the church. He still talks about it and how good of an experience it has been. Tanner is also currently employed by the city of Henderson as a life guard working, when he can, to keep to swimmers safe.
Minh is still living here with us. She is very dedicated to her goals. What a wonderful person and a great friend. She was able to go back to Vietnam to visit her family for a month or so. We call her family.
As some comic relief to be interjected here—I did fix the A/C in the truck after the reunion…and yes it was kind of funny…after it was all-said-and-done.
We have had the privilege of going to Magic Mountain, Skiing/Snowboarding and visiting Barry in 29 Palms, Ca, and attending the family reunion as a family. These times have been priceless.
Dad and I were able to spend a few days together on road trip to Idaho while attending Savannah’s baptism. Then headed over to S.V. and visited with Aunt Flo., and Larry, then spent the night at Bob and Sharron’s. The entertainment from Bob was unsurpassed by any local comedians, and Aunt Sharron’s, dinner was indescribably tasty.
Sandra and I and the McDonald’s, and Pryor’s (good friends of ours) spend a long weekend up at Zions Ponderosa Ranch and Resort. We did things like ATVing, zip line, games, food, and girls all got a spa treatment. A very memorable trip indeed.
The “Humpherys Hotel Vegas” was open for business on a couple of occasions when Michelle and Ben & family came to Vegas, and not too soon after Stephanie and Melanie who were visiting Vegas also spent the night.
Uncle Robert took the time to teach me how to harness the horses and so I’ve helped him on occasion drive a team. I gotta say it was awesome. At first I was scared out of my wits, but after a few times of being left on my own I managed to get through it. The sleigh rides were the best. I must say I appreciate Uncle Robert for all he’s done for me and love him for it.
We were able to attend DeAna and Brian's wedding in Cedar City. He seems like a pretty darn good guy. And now that she lives there hope to get to see them more.
I know that it seems like the newsletter each year may seem to some like a burden. But I have to come to realize the value of it as a family history and its timeless value to our posterity. It helps me appreciate and reflect upon my own family’s’ past year. Honestly I’m not sure I would have realized how blessed we have really been this past year had I not taken the time to write this. So thank you to C.J. and my awesome cousin-n-law Laurie for doing it this year, and for Dad setting me strait on the matter.
We really love ya’ll.
Kelly, Sandra, Brooke, Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment