Chelsea & Jason 2011

Dear Family,

Hope you are all doing well! Jason and I have had lots of exciting changes over the past year, here is a recap…

In March 2011, my Mom and I went out to Vancouver to visit Curt, Jerri and the kids for a few days. We did some shopping at the outlets and also toured a tulip farm in Oregon. We had a blast playing with the kids and spending time together catching up. Here are some pics from the tulip farm.





In May 2011, Curt, Tyler, John, and my Mom came out to California for a visit. We had an action-packed week!Here are some of the highlights: went shopping at Oakley, took the train from Oceanside to San Juan Capistrano to visit one of the oldest missions in CA, went to Disneyland (John and Tyler’s first time there J , fun for all ages!), took a tour of Hollywood (including the Mann’s Chinese Theater, Hollywood sign, etc.), went to
Pink’s Hot Dog Stand in Hollywood (I think this was Curt’s favorite part of the trip, that hot dog was amazing!!), and last but not least, we took Tyler to Legoland (I think this was Ty’s favorite part of the trip, although Disneyland would be a close second!). So, we had a blast, and of course, the only thing that would have made it perfect is if Jerri and Ella had been able to make it too!

(Editors Note: Images would only load sideways, tilt your head, they are cute!)







Amongst other things, Jason and I spent a good part of the first half of 2011 renovating and staging our house in California getting it ready for sale. We put a lot of time and elbow grease (aw, painting trim is NOT fun!), but all of our hard work paid off when we sold our house in July at listing price in less than 24 hours! It was quite an amazing feat given the state of the real estate market in California. We actually set a new comp for our neighborhood.
Front of house

Back of house
Once we locked in the buyer, we had about 2 weeks to find a place to live and, fortunately, we found an amazing beach front condo in Oceanside. We were lucky enough to have my Mom and Aunt Lana, Jason’s parents, Jason’s son Alex, Jason’s sister and her fiancé, and a close college friend of mine and her fiancé visit us during the 6 months we were there. We were basically running a beach side hotel.  Each of those visits were priceless, we really made the most of our last days in California.

View from rooftop

Jason and Alex

Jason’s sister & Fiancé






Jason’s Parents:
Mom and Lana:



In September 2011, I took a solo trip to Vancouver to spend some time with Curt and his family. I took the kids to a Pirate Festival in St. Helen’s, Washington and we had so much fun. I was also there for Tyler’s 5th birthday, so that was an extra bonus.









In November 2011, Jason and I went to Vancouver to spend Thanksgiving with Curt and his family. My Mom was there too, but unfortunately John couldn’t make that trip. We had a great time with the kids and enjoyed being together for the holiday. Tyler helped me prepare the dinner and that was hilarious. I had him stuff the turkey since that is not something I enjoy, but he thought it was pretty cool. J He and Ella are such good kids and are just so much fun to be around. Curt and Jerri are great parents.


So this leads into where we are at now… In January 2012, Jason and I made the move to Atlanta, Georgia. We had been planning this move for around 2 years, before we bought the house in California, and it was finally time to quit our jobs and go for it! For those of you who don’t know, Jason is from the Atlanta area and his family is all within an hour’s drive from the city. I drove my car and Jason drove a moving truck across the country. It took us about 6 days to get here with stops in Yuma, AZ, Las Cruces, NM, San Antonio, TX, New Orleans, LA, and Birmingham, AL. It was quite the adventure! I want to give a big thanks to Uncle Newell for putting the CD together of my Dad’s songs and the interviews of him and Grandma and Grandpa Humpherys. I listened to that CD multiple times on the drive and it was so awesome to blast my Dad’s music in my car as I drove across the US. I miss him so much! When we arrived in Atlanta, we moved back into the house that Jason owned here before he moved to California back in June 2005 (he was renting it while in CA). We love it here and couldn’t be happier.


As for work, I have been working remotely for Oakley since we moved and have had to travel back to California a few times for work. My last day at Oakley is Friday, April 6th, and I’m looking forward to wrapping it up.

Jason started a new job this week as a Senior Fx Artist at a video game studio in Atlanta called CCP (based out of Iceland). It is a step up for him and I am very proud of him! I am planning to get my real estate license so we can continue investing in rental properties out here in Georgia. We have two so far, and are planning to get two more this year, and another two next year. My job will be to manage our rental properties while being a stay-at-home mom. No baby yet, but we are hoping to start a family soon. J

I have to say one of the biggest moments in 2011 was my Mom and John getting engaged!! He proposed to her on her birthday on July 7th and they are planning a beach wedding in Hawaii in August 2012. We are all so happy to welcome John to our family, he is a wonderful man and a blessing in my Mom’s life



I hope you all can come out and visit us here in Georgia one day, ya’ll are welcome to stay with us anytime! I am so thankful for our family and we love you all so much!



Much love and blessings to you all,

Jason & Chelsea Key

No comments: