Elder Jace Lancaster 2012

Dear Family,   
            I’ve written this Family Newsletter twice, so maybe the third time will be the charm. One of the main things I’ve learned on my mission is to be grateful. And I’m grateful for my family. It’s been a long time since I’ve written to any of you. Sorry!
I’ve a lot to be grateful for since the last family reunion, which was up at Greys River. The last one I missed was at Uncle Newell’s and Aunt Sally’s.
            I’ve been on my mission for what seems like a short and then again a long time—this depends on the day and my attitude. Things seem to go better when I’m really into it.
            I have a lot to be thankful for and reasons to keep my head held high. I’ve learned that one of the biggest things to be grateful for is family.
            I’ve learned a lot about myself while I’ve been out here. Now some of you may be wondering where “here” is. I’m in the New Mexico, Albuquerque Mission. I’ve had a total of six areas; three in Albuquerque, one in Santa Fe and two in El Paso, Texas. Same state that Logster served, and possibly other family members too, Texas is huge. I hear that Trae and Katie are and will be on missions soon. They will be great.
            Now, I’ve had my ups and downs but I’ve learned all the way, being away from home has been challenging, but challenges usually help you to grow. I’ve had the honor to help others learn and apply the restored gospel. Now, I haven’t been perfect, probably will know less than other missionaries (that are now 18 years old) that are just starting. And hey, in closing, I love the quote that my mom sent from Pres. Monson: “Courage is the little voice that says, I’ll try again tomorrow.”
                                                            Love,
                                                            Elder Lancaster

No comments: