Jim & Stacy 2012

Hello Humpherys Family!
This year’s newsletter was written by: Koda

…Well, let me start off by saying this past year has been full of ups and downs, a lot has been going on in the Cassell Household! So many changes…the biggest is: I don’t have to sleep alone! When Katie’s home she lets me sleep with her and when she’s not, Rilee will sometimes let me sleep with her. If Rilee doesn’t want me I usually bark until Mom comes to get me and lets me stay in their room. It’s AWESOME!

Logan came home from his Mission to Lubbock, Texas in April!


Everybody was so happy to see him. I was mad! He left me for a year and a half! It took me a while to forgive him. But now things are cool. He had a rough summer. He has been diagnosed with something called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The doctors think it started after he had Mono on his Mission and didn’t properly recover from that. Mom and Dad and Logan spent a lot of long nights together, watching countless TV shows on Netflix and movies, trying to get Logan’s mind off the pain and tired enough to fall asleep with the pain. But, with some good care from some great doctors, (and from Mom and Dad!), Logan started feeling better! He took an EMT course in the fall and now has begun classes at LDS Business College in Medical Assisting. He wants to graduate in the medical field, maybe a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. He loves healthcare and feels like its where he belongs. He even got a job at an outpatient surgery clinic, checking patients in and assisting them. He isn’t home very much, but I still get a good belly rub from him most days! And he speaks Spanish to me…I don’t understand what he’s saying, but it sounds cool! Probably the biggest highlight of Logan’s year was he got engaged!


 I like her! Her name is Annie; she is over at our house a lot and tells me that I’m her favorite dog! She is taking a semester off school at BYU where she is studying ‘Sewing and Clothing Design’, to work and save for the wedding while she does an internship with a local clothing company called ‘Shabby Apple’. They are getting married on April 30th this year.
Katie spent the summer at home with me! Although she worked 9-5 at a daycare, taking care of babies…I don’t know what she sees in them. All they do is cry and poop! I don’t cry EVER and at least I poop outside! She says they are soooo cute! But, I know that she still loves me best! In the fall she went back down to school at UVU where she is studying ‘Elementary Ed’. I miss her, but I know she is having fun, doing crazy things with her roommates. 



(That’s her inside the drawer!!) She nanny’s for a family of five kids in Orem and is always talking about the two littlest boys, but she comes home to visit me and I am the first one she says hi to when she does! On the downside…Katie is going on a Mission! She is going to the Washington, Tacoma Mission! That means she’s gonna leave me for a year and a half! She is so excited and the family is all excited for her, (except me!) she finds out where she will be serving on February 13th! She will leave soon after Logan and Annie’s Wedding. All I can say is she’d better snuggle with me and feed me lots of treats before she goes!
Rilee is a 9th grader and will go to a brand new High School in Draper in the fall. 


She has taken up tumbling! She is constantly bounding around the house. She can do a back tuck and a back handspring (with a spot). Other than going to school and tumbling, Rilee spends a lot of time babysitting. I think she is a favorite in the ward. She also talks a lot about the kids she watches! What is it with kids? Why are they so great? 


Rilee put on her 2nd annual Haunted House in our backyard again this Halloween. She spent countless hours of prep and it was a major success! Tons of people came through! She did all the decorations, props, costumes, and even did the special spooky make-up! Although, it wasn’t fun for me…I had to stay inside all night! They thought I would be in the way! How rude!       Anyway, Rilee has a creative flair in fashion, decorating and make-up artistry. Her friends always want her to do their make-up for them. Once she even put some blush on me! I looked ridiculous! She thought it was the cutest thing ever! (I learned to hide when she has her make-up out!)
Dad still puts long hours in at the office. I think his efforts to build the company are paying off. Lightstream Communications has been getting bigger and becoming more profitable. He has to travel still to Denver every week but he’s only gone for the day, usually he’s home for dinner! Over the past year Dad has been trying to eat less and workout more.


 He looks great! I don’t get as much goodies under his chair at dinner anymore L but at least he still tries to give me my favorite dog treats all the time.
Mom left me for a whole week this summer while she went to Girl’s Camp! She was the camp director for the 2nd year. She spent a lot of time preparing for a great time for the girls.


She discovered Pinterest and got a lot of ideas from there. (She still enjoys creating, crafting and trying new recipes at home). I think camp was a success. When she finally came home I followed her around for a few days just to make sure she wouldn’t leave me again! She does a good job at taking care of everyone in our home.
All in all, it’s been a good year, (minus one bad haircut!). We have a lot to be thankful for…Logan is improving and getting married! Katie is going on a mission! And even though Rilee and me will be the only kids at home…we have each other! Maybe this year I’ll get to come to the reunion??? (Please put in a good word for me!) Until then I’ll be sleeping 


No comments: