Hello dear family,
I just got my e-mail from Ryan yesterday and decided not to procrastinate any longer getting this letter off. I know that sometimes we think of it as a bit of drudgery, but I know how much I enjoy reading each of your letters. It’s an important thing that our family does, and I want to thank Ryan for taking on the task this year.
2012 was a very busy year for us. Last year at this time Bryan and I were up to our elbows in sheet rock dust. We are now finished with the inside remodeling of our home. We left all the beautiful original wood work intact, but pretty much started over on the rest. It’s been a labor of love. We both love old houses and antiques so we tried to keep the feel of the house the same. We are both really happy to have it done. Now we need to focus on the landscaping. I’m anxious to have flowers again. We are also planning on building an arena this spring. We’ve hired a gal to help us do some riding this summer. We’re going to focus on selling down the herd and keeping just the speed horses. It’s been a lot for us to manage. The drought has definitely played a factor in our decision, plus the horse market has been very flat and doesn’t seem to be coming back anytime soon.
Bryan had a good year hunting! He got a bear in Minnesota in early September, got a nice Elk in the Black Hills in October and then got a really nice deer in November right on the farm. Needless to say we have the freezer full of meat. He’s also a very good cook, especially with wild game so we eat well! Too well!
My life is pretty much a carbon copy of years past. I still work at the TV station selling TV advertising. I have some wonderful clients who have become good friends. I love being a grandmother to the twins and all of Bryan’s grand kids as well.
Bryan and I took a wonderful trip out to see Mom and Bob this summer. Bryan had never seen that part of Wyoming so it was fun to show him my old stomping grounds. He loved the fishing…and BSing with Bob. Pam, Mom and I went to see Gerald and took a short trail ride with him and some dudes. Next time I want to spend a couple of days with him…if he will have me. It all went too fast, but I won’t have any trouble talking Bryan into going again. We are still feasting on some of the trout we caught. It was such a fun trip and we both loved spending time with Mom, Bob and Pam. I wish Ray could have come too. Bryan is ready to meet him!
Mom and Pam made a trip out to SD in September. It went by much too quickly, but we were all so thankful they came to see us.
Sawyer and Sophia are the light of my life. I babble on about every detail of their little lives to whoever will listen. I’ve got the Grandma Bug bad! Speaking of bugs…we all got some nasty stomach bug in early February. Both of the twins ended up in the hospital for a few days. All is well now, but it was very stressful on Mandy and Chris.
So life is good. I think I hit the high lights of the last year. I look forward to reading your letters.
Love,
Kim and Bryan
Hello dear family,
I thought this might be the quickest way to let you know about Sharon’s condition. She had a triple bi-pass on Thursday March 7th, but she’s a true Humpherys and tougher than nails. She came thru the surgery fine and is doing very well. She is on a significant amount of pain medication and other drugs that make her sleepy so she isn’t much for talking on the phone right now. She is at the:
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
3100 Channing Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
I know without asking that she will be in your prayers and so I thank you for that.
Love to you all!
Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment