Dear Wonderful Family,
Ok, now that I have a few minutes to myself (the twins are napping) and now that our computer is FINALLY fixed, I will now write our terribly late newsletter! I am so sorry about this being late Ryan; thanks for doing the newsletter this year!
WOW! How life does change dramatically with children! Last newsletter the twins were new additions to our household! I can’t believe how fast the first year has gone by! It makes me very thankful that I was able to become a stay at home mom with them. It has truly been a blessing to watch them grow and be able to see their memorable milestones and achievements! I often laugh at myself for what I used to say to people who asked me if I was nervous and/or ready for twins before they arrived. I would tell them, “Oh, I am not too nervous and think I will do just fine because I used to work at a daycare for five years and I teach Kindergarten and have twenty plus kids in my class so I should be able to handle twins!” I think God was smiling down whenever I would say that response and has humbled me as a parent to realize just how crazy and maybe not as prepared as I thought I was! :) Let’s just say we go by my doctor’s philosophy quite a bit which is whatever plans you have made and you think it will go a certain way, you better throw it out the window because with twins, you will just have to do what you have to do to get by and survive! We are very fortunate to have our parents live so close and be able to help us when we need it! The twins get to see Grandma Kim every weekend and they are very blessed to have four awesome grandparents who love them to pieces! In all honesty, we LOVE being parents and don’t know what we would do without them…nor do we know what we did with our time before them! :)
Sophia is my little mother hen. She is so caring and is always, or I guess I should say, most of the time, thinking of Sawyer first. She will bring his blanket and sippy cup to him first and then go and get her own. She loves to sleep late in the mornings (takes after her momma there) and likes to play with the bazillion toys we have. One of the things Sophia likes to do is put her snow boots on in the morning, and she will literally want to wear them all day long! Hopefully that will change before summer gets here! Speaking of snow boots, they received sleds for their first birthday and because of either lack of snow or being too cold and windy, we get to pull two sleds around the house for hours!:) We love our little girl so much and she brings such joy and laughter into our hearts!
Sawyer is my little reader. He LOVES to look at books and be read to! His favorites are animal books and he will point at the different animals and grunt if I am too slow to tell him their names and what noise they make! Sawyer takes after his dad and I believe will be the next future engineer in our family. Sawyer loves to have whoever spin the ceiling fans in our house (thanks to Grandpa Randy) and so he went through a stage where we would have to spin the ceiling fans like 100 times a day!....and it didn’t work to just turn them on because that wasn’t the same! Their favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney. It is hilarious because we will be playing in a different part of the house when they will hear the “Hotdog Song” come on. They will come running into the living room to watch and start dancing to the song! Sawyer is such a precious little boy and we love him so much! He warms our hearts and we feel so very blessed to have twins, not to mention one of each!
Chris is on his 6th year of working at Trail King as a mechanical engineer and specifically designs the heavy specialized trailers. He loves what he does, but doesn’t like all the politics that go along with it. I am so very proud of him because he is one of their top engineers and always gets raving reviews and has been told that he is in line to be the next chief engineer when the current one retires. Besides working at Trail King, he still gets to hobby farm on the weekends at his grandmother’s farm. That is where his heart is and he would farm full time if he could. He still likes to get out and work in the shed but doesn’t get out there very much these days! Chris is a terrific dad and the kids just LIGHT up when he gets home!
Like I said before, I am now a stay at home mom and loving it! I do miss teaching Kindergarten some days but I know that I can always go back to teaching after we are done raising our family. Chris and I both help out with our Church’s elementary youth club on Wednesday nights and so I am able to get my teaching fix by helping with that. In the little bit of spare time that I have, I enjoy reading a good book, and am looking forward to summer so that I can plant some flowers and hopefully get back to doing a little horseback riding. We purchased a new horse for me last fall and so I am looking forward to doing some riding with my mom and introducing the twins to our family love for horses.
As for our other two inside four legged children, life is just not quite the same since the twins. Punky LOVES the twins but does not LIKE the twins and so she spends most of her day locked up in the hallway sleeping the day away until the twins go to bed. I think she liked them much better before they became mobile! As for Turbo, he is their best friend and many a times a lifesaver for me to help to keep them entertained. He licks their faces off, steals their toys and chews on them, tries to eat their food off the highchair, but he loves them to death and is worth his weight in gold!
We were fortunate enough to have Pam and Grandma Sharon come visit us this last summer and we are looking forward to hopefully getting to see all of them again this summer in the Black Hills over Labor Day weekend!
Well, we wish we didn’t live so far away from everybody! I sure am grateful for the newsletter so that we keep informed of how everybody is doing each year. We love and miss you all and can’t wait until the next time we are able to come to the family reunion and see everybody! We pray God’s blessings on each of our precious family members!
With Love,



No comments:
Post a Comment