Kelly & Sandra 2013

Dear Humpherys Family,
Well I guess this will be a first to get my news letter in on time.  Aunt Nadean called me and said to be nice this year and get it in on time.  So you know, I thought why not deviate from tradition.
Rather than talk in third person this year I figured "I" will be talking hear about "me" and so forth from "MY" perspective as to how things "Actually" went down this past year and hopefully y'all won't mind.
So tomorrow it'll be one year since I started the carpet cleaning business.  Yea Me.  Ok truth be known I'm only still in business because of the great mercy of the Lord.  I'm just not that great of a business person.  But I hope there is a lot more "mercy" in store 'cause I really enjoy the business and hope it will grow way more in the future.  Sandra has been a HUGE support and I'm glad for her and all she has done.  Also I can't forget Brooke and Tanner for their contributions as well.  Brooke as went on a couple of "ride-alongs" with me and she's a natural at the business.  I wish I could talk her into going into business with me, she'd be great at it.  Tanner put tires on my van and drummed up some business, and Sandra tells everyone who comes through the office about it, and occasionally loans me money to keep me the business afloat.
Last year the house plans exploded and was very busy for a contractor in N. Dakota.  But this year doesn't seem that promising.  While I really really enjoy designing custom homes, it's best that I focus on the main business at hand, and that is….wait for it….carpet cleaning….yea me again….
Ok, now moving on a little I'll attempt to share about someone else just for a moment…And that lucky person will be:  Sandra Jo my wife…  Sandra--still--is the rock here in home (next to the Savior of course).  She works [still] in the same place as always, for the same boss, doing the same thing, with the same people, the same patients (maybe there are some new ones), etc. oh ya and for the same wage. (which is not a bad one)  She seems to be growing more and more ready to move on though.  Her arm hurts her a lot from holding the same instruments for so many years in the same postion.  I don't blame her for that.  If she moves on, where will she go?  That's to be determined.
Sandra also had a pretty big surgery and lost about 6 lbs of her insides.  But she's doing super duper now and glad that's over with.  If you want details you'll have to ask her or go on…yes I'll say it…FACEBOOK.  Scroll back a few months if you're interested.
Ok, the big question is now, do I move on to the kids (that would be Brooke and Tanner), or do I let them tell their own story?  Well figuring in the Murphy's Law, and Einstein's theory of relativity, I had better say at something in case they don't.
Brooke has been living in California, and trying to make a go of it.  It has been hard for her, but she keeps hoping something will come through for her.  We all know what that's like.  So welcome to the fam-damily Brooke.
Tanner works at Discount Tire and is going to school to become a fireman and do all the E.M.T. stuff that I don't know much about.  He seems to be really focusing and seems happy.  He's dating a girl from St. George.
As far as other things in our lives…I was working in the Sunday school program for about 3 1/2 years.  It was really a great opportunity and enjoyed that.  Now they have me working with Webelos.  I remember those years growing up, and loved it.  Hopefully these young boys can have a great experience too.
Sandra has been working in the Relief Society as the Secretary.  She has enjoyed that a lot, but has just recently been put in the Nursery.  I know she'll be great at that since she seems to always have a gift with little children.
So that's it.  If you want to know more simply follow me/us on FACEBOOK since that's where we log our highlights already.  At least the things that aren't too personal.  If you want to know more personal details then you'll just have to call me.
The End.
Cherrio. Ta-Ta. That's-the-way-the-cookie-crumbled.
Love to all.

Kelly, Sandra, Brooke, and Tanner

No comments: