Mary Lynn & Gary

Mary Lynn and Gary 

Family Peeps!  What's up? Life as usual here. 

We are getting pretty busy with all the kids growing up. I miss the baby and toddler years when we weren't running as much but I don't miss the diaper bag, car seats, or tantrums. Well, the tantrums are just more verbal now I guess. (And I'm not talking about me). Haha!

Emalee is still loving volleyball. (We are at a club tournament right now - don't you love technology and iPhone's?). She is in her fourth year of playing the violin/fiddle and is starting to love it more. She is 14, in 8th grade, and almost as tall as me. She can't wait to start Driver's Ed next year but she doesn't want to go to High School. 

Jake is in 6th grade and loves the Sixth Grade Center. He loves his teacher who has helped him a ton. He was on two basketball teams this winter and played Church ball. He will start baseball soon. He also helped his Dad move pipe all last summer which I believe really helped him mature. He was up before the sun everyday and never complained!  He still plays the violin/fiddle. He also did percussion in band the first two trimesters this year and thought it was a lot of fun. They finally started a strings program for 6-8th graders at the middle school which he and Emalee are both in. He decided to try Cello so now he plays three instruments. 

Megan is in 4th grade and still my little firecracker. She started playing on a competitive basketball team in Pocatello during harvest of 2014. I wasn't too sure about it because of the time and running and money. I also wasn't sure about her trying out for a grade mostly for 5th graders. Gary said to let her try (secretly thinking she wouldn't make it) and I guess she fooled him. So now we have been having fun going to all her games and tournaments and watching her hustle girls much bigger than she is. (She's the shortest on her team and usually in the games.). She was playing guitar for a while but her teacher took a little break and then my schedule changed with my piano students so now she is just doing piano. She will start softball this summer too. 

Landon is in First grade and doing well. He was on swim team for a couple months and wanted to continue but they moved practice times and because he's our youngest he got the shaft and will have to wait to start up again. (Bad mom). He played jazz basketball this winter and will start t-ball again this summer.  He loves to ride the four wheeler and razor around and act too big for his britches. 

Gary decided to stop farming after last harvest. He's decided to join the gold mining craze. 

ML is still substituting and active in the PTA. 

Well, that will end my bragging. Don't feel jealous when we find a lot of gold. Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes

Love you all so much!!  I hope I'm able to make it to the reunion. 

~ Gary, Mary Lynn, Emalee, Jake, Megan and Landon Evans

P.S. Gary really is still farming potatoes, sugar beets, and wheat. They are our "Gold". 



PPS:  Support America and our farmers and ranchers. If you don't you'll still be fed but it might be by some other country. Just a thought. 
 

No comments: