Sherrie and Brent
Hello family, greetings from the Chandlers.
Things are awesome here in Alaska. The weather is beautiful and I can't wait for fishing season to begin. The weather has been quite mild here this winter and I'm loving it. We've had enough rain to speak of but as the saying goes, "you don't have to shovel rain" so I likey. Even though it's beautiful when it snows here, it usually doesn't last long enough for it to make ice on the roads. 2014 was an eventful year. 3 surgeries between the both of us was enough for a lifetime. We had two beautiful granddaughter's born into our family, Lydia from Kimmie and Carlos and Tabitha from Amy and Bradley. We were fortunate enough to visit them both after they were born. What a treat it was. We got a new boat last summer that we hardly got to use so look out fishies, here we come. Braylan (DeAna and Brian's Braylan) got to come and stay with us for the summer and work and experience Ketchikan and the rain and humpback whales, killer whales and deep sea fishing for giant Alaskan salmon and the rain and bears and eagles galore and the rain and the beauty of Alaska and did i mention the rain? I'm sure glad he likes the rain... Brent is still the facilities and maintenance manager for the port office for NOAA here in Ketchikan and I'm currently not working. I've started trying to find a few hobbies that I enjoy to keep me busy and I've really been enjoying getting out and walking down to the walking path along the ocean. Trying to reverse the aging process but it's not working too great... We are currently working on moving the earth around our house here so that eventually we can add on a nice big master bedroom and bathroom. Living on an island made of bedrock in a temperate rain forest is quite challenging but we will conquer it. It's also helped to get rid of a lot of those pesky gross disgusting slimy ugly yucky slugs that like to be under foot waiting for you to step on them so that you can go into spastic heart failure from grossing out so bad. Just ask Braylan, it was like trying to dodge land mines, especially as he's riding his bike to work everyday. He enjoyed telling me about the ones he ran over as his bike tire flung slug slime up his back... Okay I probably went too far with that... You get the idea... We were fortunate enough to purchase some land in Burley Idaho and we're going to go down in the spring to fence it off. We're going to start improving it and build our retirement home on it so when Brent is retired from his job here we can live there in the winters and be close to family and then we can come here and summer in Alaska and sight see and fish our guts out. Well that's all for now. Have a great 2015 and we pray everyone is safe and healthy in the upcoming year.
Love Sherrie and Brent
No comments:
Post a Comment