Camille 2015

March 17, 2016--News from Camille:

Dear Family,
January--2015-- I had just barely applied to a show called "Alt For Norge" (All For Norway) and I was waiting to hear back to see if I got accepted. This show is a show where Norwegian Americans with Norwegian descent who have never been to Norway, come to Norway for the first time and compete in the Norwegian cultural challenges for the chance to meet their living relatives. 

February- I heard back from reality tv show. They let me know I had been passed on to the next step for an in person interview with the directors.  They flew me to Chicago to interview.  I found out a few days later that I had made it on to the show and would leave April 23.

March - I took a road trip to Nevada City for Damien's 16th birthday.  We also did a Canyonerring trip to Blue John canyon. This canyon is where that guy chopped his arm off because it got stuck. 

April- Some friends and I went sky diving above canyonlands in Moab.  We also went on a Canyonerring trip in Zion national park and did Lodge canyon and Hidden canyon. On April 23 I left for Norway. We stayed in New Jersey first and met some crew members and all of the cast.

May - I spent two weeks in Norway. We spent time in Lofoten, Telemark, Gaustatopen, and Oslo. We would film all day long. We learned to speak a little bit of Norwegian, there were many challenges in teams, we ate incredible Norwegian food, and learned tons about the Norwegian culture.  After I came back from Norway I went back to Nevada city and then went on a cruise to Alaska with my now current boyfriend Lance.

June- I went canyonerring again with some friends.
July- I took a trip to Nevada City to hang out with my family and later in the month did a hike through the narrows in Zion. 

August- I went to Bear Lake and Nevada city for a visit.

September- I went to Alaska to visit Sherrie and Brent ! This was amazing. We went shrimpin for Alaskan prawns, saw the town, saw bears, went out on the ocean, ate amazing food, and went beach combing. This was such a fun trip! Everyone should visit them if you get the chance!

October - I went to Nashville for a trade show for work and also got promoted to work on the direct client sales team.

November - I took a road trip with Lance to Sierra vista for Jameson's baptism.  I also went to Nevada City for thanksgiving.

December - I went to Nevada city for Christmas and Lance was able to come out for a couple days so that was really fun.

Love to all,
Camille

"Alt For Norge" (All For Norway) Contestants


No comments: