DeAna & Brian 2015


Humpherys Newsletter 2015
03-09-2016 (only 9 days past due date)

Dear Family,

Well we are all another year older. Another year wiser is completely debatable, but we’re still in Swan Valley so that should lean in our favor. Also, completely debatable.

All the kids are in school. Brian at work, Me at home.

Pretty uneventful around here. Bought a 5 acre place here in Swan valley last April (or May-can’t remember) right off the Highway. It is really fun to get visitors so if you happen to be passing through just look for the swinging snow-plow-proof mailbox, that’s us.

I love keeping an eye on you all through Facebook. Larry and Flo are on now so that’s big.

I miss Grandpa Dean. We’ve had a couple of cool experiences with him through the veil the last year or so and I know that he is interested in our well being and that he loves us and wants the best for us. He watches out for us too. They’re close.

I miss Linda.  She used to call me all the time.  We used to have such good times…*sigh*

I miss reunions in Star Valley…

I miss the old Star Valley…

Anyway, so even though we have cell phones, tablets, computers, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, texting, ESP, and craigslist, but I am so thankful for the Humpherys Herald (and grapevine—although that has failed a couple times of late) to write down our lives for the last year—boring or not because I figure this counts as journal writing which I fail at miserably.

I attended a Phlebotomy class fall semester with the hopes of getting a job in that field. That hasn’t happened yet so I’ve decided to follow through with the idea that popped into my head last February which was to open a shop. That’s not boring at all. I’m totally excited and stoked about it.  Just trying to find a building as big as my dream.

Brian got a job with the State Highway Department. He plowed some pretty scary roads this winter. It’s March 9th and he’s out plowing today. I suppose there’ll be days until June that he’s out plowing. He plows from Swan Valley to the Wyoming State line and back and gets to see a lot of wildlife. Just wishes more of it was alive…

Braylan just completed everything to receive his Eagle Scout award and will be filling out mission papers soon.
Lexie got accepted to BYU-I  and was assigned the fall and winter track and is also planning on going on a mission. As far as I know they both got straight A’s last Trimester. They are such good kids. Except they are officially adults as they turned 18 three days ago… Abby can NOT stand the thought of them leaving the nest and so I won’t be at all surprised if there is an Abby sized suitcase that mysteriously appears upon their departure…

Savannah, Ian and Abby all attend Swan Valley’s little K-8 school here and love it. Friend problems abound, but that’s to be expected when there are so few kids here and we are still relatively new. They seem to be working it out though and we have the most wonderful ward so that makes up for it. Savannah and Ian both played sports this year and did ski school again. Maybe next year for Abby. She hasn’t shown any interest in skiing, but this year when she was the only one who didn’t go, she started to think about it. The school has a new principle this year that doesn’t believe in homework. (That doesn’t mean that they don’t still have some.) We like him.  We like him so much we sold him our beloved Chocolate lab puppy.

Which brings us to Nellie. Our registered black lab. Brian has always wanted a silver Labrador so he found a silver stud and since Nellie is silver factored she was certain to “throw” silver puppies.  Well she had a gorgeous rainbow litter of 3 silver, 3 Charcoal, 2 black and 1 chocolate. In the excitement of it all we totally messed up and didn’t keep the pick and still don’t have a silver lab. Next litter I guess. The kids all adored having all the puppies around and we miss them, but their new owners are kind and send picture updates.

This letter rambled on much more than I intended it to so either you’re welcome, or I’m sorry. You pick.

Love to you all. Can’t wait to see you all in your bathing suits at the reunion this year. Haaaaaa… Yes I can.

No comments: