Nadean
Dear Family, I am
watching the news broadcast of the new presidency of the church. I
am amazed at how much they cover in their brief messages. When I tell you I can
remember when GEORGE Albert Smith was the president then you will really
realize how old I am. I have to take a "walker" with me to make
church a possibility. I have helpers hired to take me around shopping and
help with the housework. So, I am doing pretty darn good.
I went with Carol and Blair
to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving. I had dinner with Stacys family. it
was a very nice day, along with A very tasty dinner I came home with my friend
Ellen Hale. Carol stayed a day longer. I know now, why Dad always
wanted to get right home as fast as he could. The Humpherys cousins had a
reunion in Clinton, Utah. I rode up with Kent Humpherys. That was fun to
go up in a new red jazzy car.
When Christmas rolled
around, I was happy to stay home. Jase came and brought his
"youthfulness", with him. It was was a restful, fun holiday.
Hope everyone is happy and
healthy. Healthy is my greatest wish. I am so pleased with Kens
results on his last operation. He tells me always how well he and Myrna
are doing with their exercising at the gym. It makes such a difference
when you have someone one to go with you.
My Love to all of you,
Nadean
Jim & Stacy
Hi Humpherys Family!
This past year was filled
with some challenges and some blessings. Stacy’s mom passed away from
complications due to a brain aneurysm. She survived a month in the hospital,
until her body could no longer endure the effects. With her sudden passing we
have experienced heartache as a family, but also the blessing of knowing that
she can still be with us in our hearts and as our guardian angel until we too
will join her again in the next life. The lesson of enduring challenges big and
small is a hard one. But realizing that challenges are what help us grow and
become stronger and better is powerful. We really appreciate all the love and
support our Humphreys family has given us!
Now, for some of the many
blessings we have had!...Rilee started esthetician school in Provo and will
graduate this October with a Master Esthetician certificate. So, if any of you
want or need any kind of skin treatments, she’s your girl! She has always been
interested in beauty and science and we are very proud of her!
Katie and Ty have some pretty
big news of their own!!! I’m not going to spoil it…You will have to read their
newsletter to find that out! But I will say we are all SUPER excited! Logan and
Annie moved into their newly built house right before Christmas and love it! We
are so happy for them! And also love that it is only 7-8 minutes from mom and
dad!
Jim is still super busy with
work. Their company continues to grow and Jim has been a major part of that
growth, with hiring new good people and adding new products like, cloud
services to their expertise.
Stacy just got a new calling
in church and is excited to be back in the Young Women’s program as the
Personal Progress Leader. She loves the leaders and thinks the girls are the
best!
Our family got the
opportunity to spend the 4th of July in San Diego and had a blast
being all together and even got Stacy’s dad up on a paddleboard! Jim and Stacy
were fortunate to spend a week on the island of Kauai and have deemed it their
new favorite place in the world! It’s stunning beauty and abundance of
activities shot it right to the top of their list!
We are looking forward to
this new year and it’s new set of challenges and blessings and have made the
goal to enjoy each moment and cherish family and friends! Can’t wait to see
everyone at the reunion this summer in South Dakota!
Love The Cassell Family -- Jim, Stacy and Rilee
Logan & Annie
Dear Family,
This
has been a great year for the Cassell family. Of course there were a lot of ups
and downs as everybody experiences, but we have so much to be grateful for, and
some amazing family and friends to share in this journey.
We spent most of the year still
living in Logan’s grandparent’s basement. Logan’s grandma passed away in April,
and while we all miss her greatly, we are beyond grateful that we got to spend
the last few years of her life living with her. She was truly an amazing woman,
and taught all those in her life by her example of love and kindness. Though
she didn’t know many of you in the family, she frequently asked about those she
did know, and cared about you deeply. We love you and miss you, Grandma. J
In December we closed on our 1st
house!!! It is in Bluffdale, Utah (about 20 minutes south of Salt Lake), and we
could not be more excited. We ended up building it, and it was so fun to go
through the building process and pick out everything that would make this house
our home. No matter what Annie tells you, just know that it was really Logan
who picked out and designed everything.
Logan got exciting news this summer
as he finished up the prerequisites for the nursing program and found out that
he got into the program! He is now in his second semester and is loving it.
Logan still works for his dad’s company, and got to spend more time working this
summer while he was out of school. It was great to spend more time at the
office and learn more about the company. Oh, and spend more time with his dear
old dad. J
Logan’s big passions are still golf and backpacking. He was able to go on a
golf trip to Saint George, and on several backpacking trips to Zion,
Canyonlands, Escalante, and a “trans-Wasatch” trip where he hiked from Salt
Lake to Pleasant Grove across the Wasatch Mountains.
Annie is now in her 4th
year at Traeger. She loves working for a great company, and loves all of her
coworkers that she gets to spend so much time with. She is surrounded by some
great people, and has been blessed to learn and grow so much from them. It has
been a dream come true for Annie to get into the new house. She would take
Logan to our construction site almost every single day to look at the latest
updates and dream about where we were going to put things and how it was going
to look. Now that we are finally in she has had a blast decorating, cleaning,
and trying to “infuse good scents into the walls.” Annie served the whole year
as the Primary Chorister in church, and loved planning singing time every week
for the primary kids. She also was the Girls Camp Director for the 2nd
year, and had so much fun spending a week with the young women.
That’s about it for us, we love you
all so much! Love, Logan and Annie
Katie and Ty
Dear Family,This year will bring big changes for us. We are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first baby in September! We couldn’t be more excited and are happy to finally let the secret out! That has really been all that is on our minds lately. We know we’ve got a lot to do before the baby gets here! Other than that everything else is pretty much the same around here. I am still working as a medical assistant at the dermatologists office and Ty is still doing Medicare insurance sales. He and a buddy of his were able to break off and start their own insurance business this past October and were able to sell their own policies from home. They had a successful open enrollment period and are now amping up for next year. It has been a blessing for us and will be even more of a blessing to have him working from home when the baby gets here!
See you all soon! - -Katie and Ty
Jase Lancaster
Hey Family,
I’m sorry
I don’t get a chance to see you more. But I’ll quickly tell you what I get up
to. I work at a group home for mentally disabled individuals. It’s been a good
experience. I’ve grown a lot with these people along with trying to develop
myself at home. I am in an apartment in Orem, living with some roommates. And
trying to pick up on some Spanish. I’m in a community class and enjoying that a
lot.
Love Jase
Lancaster
Josh & Ester

No comments:
Post a Comment