Shawn, Hilary, Hayden, Hadley, and Hallie 2008

Hello Humpherys Family,

For those of you who know the story, the totes were put away today. I want to apologize to Mary Lynn for being the last ones to get our newsletters in, I’m sorry that you had to be a casualty of our little stand-off. That being said, has it really been another year already?
We have had a lot of changes in our family this year.

In January, Shawn started a new position in the Sheriff’s office. He is now a patrol deputy. That means he drives the patrol car, pulls people over and responds to calls and such. He really loves it. The other day he told someone that he can’t believe that he actually gets paid to do it. He will also be doing marine patrol in the summer so he will again be busy. He will attend another Idaho POST (peace officers standards and training) academy in Boise this year in October. It is a 10 week academy and we are not looking forward to him being gone from us again. He also does a little curbing here and there still and let’s not forget hunting, fishing, and his new hobby snow machining. He was able to go on a few trips with Shane and also with Gary this winter and absolutely loved it.

I quit my job in July to go back to school. I had a whole 2 weeks off before starting back full-time as a nursing student. So far, so good- 4.0 in the fall and working on it for the current semester. I applied to the program and will know in the next few weeks if I was accepted. In December, I started working again to supplement Christmas and never stopped. I only work on Fridays and fill in when I’m available. It is nice because I am able to say no when I can’t work. I am also busy trying to keep up with these kids of ours.

Hayden started the 1st grade this year. He was really upset with us for not taking him to the school where Linda teaches so she could be his teacher. While it is still a sore spot, he had mostly gotten over it. His reading skills have skyrocketed. He recently turned 7. He played t-ball last summer again and his dad was the assistant coach which he loved. He also played basketball (hilarious to watch) and his dad was the head coach for that one. While he thought he got picked on more than the other kids, he really hopes that Dad can do it again this year.

Hadley has been attending two different pre-schools this year. She loves school and is so excited to start kindergarten in the fall. She is so tall, almost as tall as her brother and taller than many of the kids in his 1st grade class. I guess that is the Humpherys in her. She will be 5 in May. She is such a spitfire but can also be the sweetest thing that there ever was. She loves to play with her sister and with her cousin, Nash. One of her favorite things to do is fight with her brother.

Hallie is getting so big. She has the most contagious smile. She has finally decided to talk a little but will only do so when it is her idea. Hallie is pretty mellow for the most part but she loves to boss everyone around. She loves the Wiggles. This was not forced on her she decided it all on her own much to the chagrin of her family but she likes to sing and dance so I guess that it is a good outlet for her.

Love,
Shawn, Hilary, Hayden, Hadley and Hallie

No comments: