Where to start!! Soon after I got my job at Sundance as Concierge, everyone except salary workers got furloughed (temporary layoff for a certain amount of time..in our case it was six weeks and after that we began working again). During that time I was able to go home for 3 of those weeks. One of those weeks was spent with my family in Cancun, Mexico. It was the first time I had been to Mexico and it was a blast! We visited the ruins at Chichenitza for a couple of days and after that we stayed at a resort called Sandos Caracol. It was an all inclusive resort similar to a cruise with food availabel 24 hours a day and movies showing all the time, etc. The whole experience was like a cruise. Beautiful weather and beautiful people all around. There were mostly mayans in the area where we were. They have a very unique look to them. They are an exceptionally beautiful race.I went back to Utah after to continue training and I picked up another job during the furlough working at Heritage Schools (a treatment center for kids 12-18) as a lifeguard in their indoor pool. At this same time I discontinued my singing job at Macaroni Grill. Shortly after working at Heritage for a few weeks I continued my job at Sundance. However, I switched positions to a bellhop. This job is a blast! I check people into their rooms and drive people anywhere on the resort and carry luggage. It's a very physical job but comes with a lot of freedom. We drive Acura suv MDX cars around. Super nice cars! There are so many perks to working at a resort. You get a free season pass there and free stays at the resort and free food and even free furniture. I got a free queen size bed, bed side tables, a tv, a stereo, and other stuff. You meet tons of really cool people and it's just a good time. So I continued to work at Heritage after starting back up at Sundance. Meanwhile I was still training at the gym as well. I have worked these three jobs until today (February 15, 2010) With the only change being a switch in my position at Heritage. I now work as a courier. With this job I take kids off campus to doctor appointments and to and from the airport. I also clothing shop for them. It is a really fun job as well.
My summer was exciting and full of lots of water adventures and cycling and gym time. After April I was able to go home once a month for the rest of 2009 except October. What a blessing to see my incredible family once a month! September was especially wonderful because C.J. and the family came out for a week and I made sure and got the same week off so I could spend that time with them. This week in September included my birthday so I was able to spend my birthday with my entire family in my hometown! I haven't been home on my birthday in probably 7 years let alone spend it with all of them! Good times!
Well I am just working now and that is about all that is new with me...the most recent news I guess is that I just finished an application today to be a federal air marshal. Obama just opened up a bunch of these positions so that we can have better security on planes. I would basically be flying on planes undercover looking for terrorists. Sounds fun! We'll see if I get the job. Well I'm excited to see all of you at the reunion! Or at least most of you! I love you all and look forward to reading your news!
Love,
Camille
No comments:
Post a Comment