Chelsea & Jason 2009

Dear Family,
I hope this finds you all doing well! The years seem to go by so fast, here a quick recap of 2009...
In April, my Mom and I went up to Vancouver to visit Curt, Jerri, and Tyler. It was so fun to spend time with them. I was so lucky to have some time with my Mom and Jerri to do some wedding dress shopping. And, of course, it goes without saying that my time with my nephew Tyler was priceless. He is the cutest little boy, an absolute angel.
In May, my Mom and Aunt Lana came out to California to help with my wedding planning and preparations. I had a pretty tight schedule for the three of us, more dress shopping, ceremony rentals, reception sites, picking out flowers, etc. Of course, we found some time to enjoy some time on the beach and a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park and Disneyland. It was my Aunt's first time visiting California, so I was thrilled to show her around.
In August, my sweet niece Ella was born! I was not able to go up to Vancouver for her birth, but I was sure anxious to meet her when they came to California for my wedding. She is a beautiful baby, perfect is a good word to describe Ella.
In October, Jason and I were married. My Mom arrived a week beforehand and was an incredible help with all of the final preparations. Some amazing mother-daughter time! Curt, Jerri, Tyler and Ella arrived early as well so we spent some great time together. The wedding took place on the beach in Oceanside, CA. My Mom, Curt and I arrived in style in a white stretch limo just before sunset, and Curt walked me down the aisle, which was just perfect (my Dad smiling down on us =). It was awesome, the waves crashing behind us, and our family and friends there to witness our vows to one another. A big thanks to Larry, Florence, and Vance for making the trip out to California for our wedding. It was so wonderful to have them with us. It may warm your heart to hear that my Dad sang at our reception. Our first dance together was to the song 'Georgia', which my Dad recorded so beautifully on one of the last CD's he produced with Frank Carter. I'm not sure there are words to explain how amazing it was to hear his voice at that special moment, I closed my eyes and it felt like he was there. I know he was. Jason and I are so blessed to have found each other and are so happy together. I can't wait for you all to meet him!
In December, my Mom, John and I visited Curt, Jerri, Tyler, and Ella in Vancouver. It was so great to be together for the holidays. They have such a nice new home and are such a beautiful family. We did some shopping at the outlets, had some wonderful dinners together, and enjoyed some good laughs.
I am thrilled that we will be able to make it to the reunion this summer. I can't wait to introduce Jason to our family, and I am also bringing my good friends Jeff & Kim along, they have always wanted to see Montana/Wyoming so this will be a special trip for them.
I love you all, and can't wait to catch up this summer!
Love,
Jason & Chelsea Key

No comments: