Gerald & Tena 2009



Dear Family,
Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday that I was writing last years Newsletter.
Starting today and working backwards. The School year has been great. This is the first year I have not coached. I miss it but the year has had far less headaches that come with coaching. I was still in the gym 4 to 5 nights a week watching Trae and Madison play basketball. Their teams were somewhat frustrating to watch. Grandpa wanted to go down and straighten them out at times. Shawn told me I was not a very good Head Coach from the stands. For the most part I did a good job of keeping my mouth shut.
Hope their teams are better next year.
One more year and I will retire from teaching. I have enjoyed the experience but am looking forward to the freedom I will have after I retire. I am looking forward to spending time on my 2 acres, especially in the fall of the year. I will continue to run my business at Grand Targhee Resort in the summer time. After next year I will have taught 32 years.
Last fall Shane and I took my horses and packed out a nice bull elk for Don Johnson’s brother in law. It was a beautiful fall day. I look forward to more of them in the future.
We had another good year at the riding stables. It is a short season and the time goes by real fast. The weather was wonderful, and we had good luck keeping everyone safe. This is my only worry up there. My most enjoyable day of the summer is when Tena came and wrangled for me. Neither one of my wranglers was able to be there that day.
We only had one scheduled ride the night before. However by 9:00 A.M. the next morning we were booked for the whole day. Tena took 3 one hour rides out her and Went on 2 ride with me. I rode from 9 until 6:30 in the evening, non stop, with one and two hour rides. It was the busiest day of the summer. (The details of this story was told to the best of my recollection, my memory is fading)
Last spring break Tena and I went to the Grand Canyon, which we really enjoyed. The weather was horrible but the scenery was spectacular. One can see Gods Handy Work in that canyon.
I am up to 11 horses with two more coming this week. Kim I need your help, they are only green Broke.
Tena is still in the Relief Society Presidency and I am in the Stake Young men’s Presidency.
We have a new grandson named Hunter Dean Humpherys as of Jan. 14th. We now have 9 Grandkids. 5 boys and 4 girls. A good mix
Nadean and Newell, sorry for any spelling, punctuation, or grammar errors. These three things are overrated anyway.
Love you all
Gerald and Tena

No comments: