Dear Humpherys Family,
It has been a fast year again. Time goes by at a pace that I do not like. My kids are growing too fast and it makes me really sad. Here are some of our years activities.
Trae has been really busy with sports and school. He gets straight A's most trimesters while juggling everything else. He was one of four players on the Varsity football team this year to receive an academic award. He had a good football year. He played JV and Varsity. He would play 2 or 3 quarters with the JV team and then he would play 1 or 2 quarters of Varsity as the back-up QB. He practiced with the Varsity everyday. He learned a lot and his team won the State Championship this year. It was a great game. I flew to Spokane and met Nathan there. The game was played in northern Idaho.
His basketball season just got over. As a player, he had a good season, but as a team they struggled at times. He loves it, and is excited to work this summer to get ready for the upcoming year. He had a game scoring high of 31 points against the Madison Bobcats, just short of his mother's record of 42 points ( something to work towards).
Baseball is just starting. Last summer he played on the high school legion team with Varsity players as a freshman. He did really well and the Varsity coach wants him to play on the Varsity team for the school season.
More importantly, we are proud of Trae because he is such a good kid. He loves his family and shows it most of the time. He has a great sense of humor and between the three of them, our house can get pretty comical at times.
Maddy has had quite the year as well. Last year she played on the 8th grade middle school basketball team. She loved it. She started to go to the open gym times at the high school that the Varsity coach had after regular season. She would come home and tell me that her goal was to make the Varsity team as a freshman. I told her to go for it, but to not feel bad if that didn't happen. Well she proved me, Nathan, and a lot of people wrong. She made the team and got a lot of playing time. Her high score for the season was 9 points and her average was probably 3. Her strong point was defense and her aggressiveness. At times she was a little too aggressive like when she shoved a girl into the bleachers. We had a little talk about being aggressive and being dirty. We hope she learns it by next year.
Maddy also played on the Varsity soccer team. She loved it, and again her strengths were her defense and aggression.
She is starting to do track now. She isn't super excited but she has had a little push from her dad and Grandpa to do it.
She will be getting her drivers liscense in about a week or so. Grandpa was her drivers Ed teacher and he says that she has a heavy foot and that scares us all a little.
Maddy is a great girl and she loves to tease and make jokes with or about her family. She can always make us laugh.
Carter played his first year of football this year. He was the center and he really liked it. He wants to play some defense too, so we will see what next year brings.
Carter also played on a basketball team in Idaho Falls this year. He had a lot of fun. He is the tallest on the team and we hope he keeps growing.
Carter is now starting baseball, which is his favorite sport of all. His team did really well last year. Carter in one came hit two consecutive out of the park homeruns, one being a grand slam. He ran around the bases with both arms in the air. He was so excited. His team does a lot of baseball in the summer, and he loves it. I think what he likes best about all of the sports he particiaptes in is being with his friends. He is a great teammate. He never puts anyone down and is always encouraging his teammates. His coaches love him because he always has a good attitude and a smile on his face.
Carter loves to sleep over at grandmas house with Hayden. They have a lot of fun together. We love him so much and he always reminds me that he is my favorite child.
I am still teaching first grade and I love it. I think this has been my easiest year as far as really feeling like I can make lesson plans faster and know exactly what and what not to do. I am so busy following my own kids around and being Yound Womens President that I get a little overwhelmed sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing. Last year, we took the kids to Hawaii for spring break. It was so relaxing and such a good time to spend with our kids. I don't know when we will be able to do that again because of their schedules, so I am so greatful we were able to do that with them and for Nathan who always is the one that gets us there.
Nathan is very busy with work. He is a foreman over a gang, he has a lot of responsibility, but he really enjoys it and his bosses know that things get done. He is still on the road every other week, but on the bright side, it gives him a lot of time to spend with the kids, especially in the summer when he is home for the week.
I’m not sure if we are going to make it to the reunion this year. It just happened to be during the same week that our stake is doing the treck. I would rather go to the reunion, but I think I need to let my kids have this opportunity that does not happen very often. I don't know how excited they are either, but they will remember it later on in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment