Dearest Family,
I’m late! I’m usually early about getting my news letter in, but not this year. Perhaps it’s because I’m just not that excited about this past year. So do we just share the good stuff in these updates or do we share the crap too? Well, I guess if we’re all honest, life has its ups and downs, and we don’t appreciate the Mountain tops if we’re never in the valley. So with that great piece of wisdom… I’ll share with you that I got a divorce in 2009. Not a whole lot to more to share regarding that whole 5 years mistake.
Work has been fine. Still selling TV advertising. Business was down in 09 with the recession, but I am very thankful I have a job so I continue to plug along. We are in the middle of the Olympics. The station I work for is the NBC affiliate so February has been amazing. I just booked the largest month ever by a single salesperson. Had to throw that in after the last bomb I dropped.
This winter has been worse than most. We’ve had record amounts of snow and the commuting has been hard. But spring is coming….and I love spring and working in my garden and riding my horses. I’m planning on breeding my mare this spring. She’s pretty well bred herself so I’d like to get a fancy colt out of her. Hmmm…anyone bored to tears yet???
Mom and Bob came out to see us this fall. Bob went pheasant hunting with the guys, and Mom, Mandy and I went to a Women of Faith conference in Minneapolis. We had an amazing time…just not long enough. I am so thankful that they sold the store so that they can get away more often.
I’m dating a guy that I dated years ago. He likes horses, has a ranch in North Dakota and raises registered Hereford cattle. It certainly helps to have a lot in common so things are going well.
Mandy and Chris always have so much going on. I rarely go into Plankinton without someone stopping me to make a comment on how great the place looks. It’s so beautiful inside and out and I am very proud of them both. This summer they put up a front deck and entrance to their home. We roofed their house and mine. We painted both places and Chris continues to clean up around the outside. It’s simply beautiful.
I am hoping to come to the family reunion. I’m thinking about hauling some horses out and making one of the uncles take me to the mountain lake that everyone brags about. I’ve always wanted to bring some horses to big beautiful Wyoming and do some serious riding. Maybe this is the year I’ll be crazy enough to try it.
So that’s the news from Dean and Neva’s oldest granddaughter. This family is getting so big; I thought I should remind some of you young ones of my one claim to fame.
One thing I have learned this year. God does have a plan for each of us. We may do things to derail his plan from time to time, but he is faithful. I have had very strong reassurances of that many times in the last year. We can beat ourselves to death, or we can move on. His mercies are new each day. How I thank him for that.
Wishing you all great things in 2010 and hoping it will work to see many of you this summer.
With Love!
Kim Stoddard
38966 247th Street
Plankinton, SD
57368
Cell: 605-351-2027
No comments:
Post a Comment