Hello Humpherys family!
2009 has gone! Where has it gone to? What did we do? Where did we go? What is
new?
We will start with the youngest in our family. Our little baby boy, yes, we said baby boy!
We are expecting on June 2nd and 3 ultrasounds confirmed a baby boy! We are still in
shock! We are planning on naming him Isaac James. We are all excited! This will be
Jim's parents first grandson and mom and dad's second. (The girls highly out number
the boys in our family).
Next, we have Paige. She just turned 3 and is still our busy little monkey. She can
scale, the stool, high chair, and counter in less than 3 seconds flat. She loves going to
her gymnastics class where she can get out all of her energy, and she also enjoys her
neighborhood preschool. She is starting her first swimming lessons in April! Paige asks
to see baby Isaac every day (mommy's tummy) so she can kiss him and talk to him.
She loves babies! She's really into puzzles and is has a very “engineering mind”. She's
patient with putting gadgets together. She enjoys playing barbies with her older sister,
Allison. Sometimes I find her in her room “blasting” her music, singing and dancing.
Paige is full of spunk and loves to wrestle with Allison.
Allison is our “art” girl. She loves “fashion” as she calls it, and doing art. Her favorite
day in Kindergarden is art class. I never have enough art supplies to keep her busy.
She has coloring contests with her friends and tells me she always wins. She won the
“friendly” character building award at school, and if you know Allison you wouldn't be
surprised. She loves friends and is very loving to her family. She loves to sing and
make up songs, and perform them for whomever will listen! Allison did soccer and
swimming lessons last year. She is not afraid of the ball, and she gets her fair share of
goals! Allison just started playing on a Kindergarden co-ed basketball team. She is tied
for the tallest on her team and is taller than all of her opponents! (She definitely takes
after the Humpherys side) With Kindergarden basketball, you have to expect to have a
good laugh. Dribbling is an option! Ha! Randomly, she wants to be a snow leopard
trainer when she grows up. (Next year it will be something new!)
I have been the secretary in the Primary last year, but 2 weeks ago, was released and
given the new calling of the Ward Women's Sports director and YW sports/basketball
coach! Yay! It has been so fun coaching the YW since I haven't been able to play
church basketball this season due to being pregnant. (Last year my team took 2nd in
region). I'm still working at the hospital in Ogden about 1 night shift a week. I have
been there 5 years now. I also took another temporary job, being adjunct faculty as a
clinical instructor at her hospital. I will be instructing the first year nursing students from
the local community college.
Jim and I were able to go to London for our 10 year wedding anniversary and visit col-
lege friends. The girls stayed home and we were able to see a lot of wonderful sites
and shows in London. (Sometimes I think Jim would love to move there. I think it's
partly because his favorite soccer team is there, Chelsea.) The girls have their “fight
song” memorized and chant it with him during all the games on TV. Last spring, Jim
and I played on an indoor co-ed soccer team. I was the goalie and Jim played midfield.
It was our first time playing and we had a lot of fun! In May, both Jim and I participated
in our first triathlons. We Swam 800 M, biked 14 miles and ran a 5K. We both had a lot
of fun. Dad was able to come down to cheer us on. It was so fun having him there to
support us. Jim caught the bug, and participated in 2 more last summer. That leads us
to Jim. His favorite pass time, is training for more triathlons! Since swimming was his
sport in high school, he now trains every morning, and then runs and or bikes after
work. When he did the tri in Bear Lake, he was 3rd in his age division for swimming!
He hopes to do 3 more this summer. (Allison hopes to do her first “kids” triathlon in
August as well.) He has been at his same engineering job last year, but recently was
asked to transfer back to his old company which he plans to do soon. Him and my dad
have been working (still) on the unfinished basement. Next steps are painting and car-
pet, Yay! They now have a deadline of June 2nd, when our baby is due. At church, Jim
is in charge of making sure the building gets cleaned and the snow is removed. He
loves his girls, and they all love to wrestle him! Our family were able to go to Disney-
land, the beach and see friends and family in November. It was so fun to see their eyes
light up when they saw their favorite Disney characters! Allison was able to have lunch
with all of the princesses!
Looking forward to reading everyone's newsletters! I'm so glad we are able to know our
1st and 2nd cousins through reunions and newsletters! Thanks Nicole and Shane for
putting together this newsletter this year!
Love,
Jim, Lisa, Allison, Paige, and baby Isaac
No comments:
Post a Comment