Dear Dean G. Humpherys Family,
Man alive I am so late with this, so I am going to get something sent in even if it's short and sweet. Things are good with us. Me, Erik and Amy are all sound minded and healthy. Not much has changed except me and Erik are grandparents. OK SO THAT'S BIG, SORRY!
We still have a zoo, that'll never change I'm sure. Erik's still working as an assistant to the dairy nutritionists in this area. I am a Developmental Tech now. I still work in the schools with the kids as I've done for about 10 years now, only for a different company. Amy is a freshman in high school this year and getting good grades. She just got her learners permit to drive and I got lots of new gray hairs because of it.
Here are some random opinionated facts or some random factual opinions:
Having a child get their driving permit makes you older than being a grandparent, LET ME TELL YOU!
Having grown children makes you old too.
Being a grandma makes you youthful I say.
Having someone pull out in front of you while going 50 mph hurts your knees.
Erik taking their "95 Camero from them to replace your totaled car, because they failed to have insurance hurts their pride.
Having a kitten climb up your bare leg hurts your skin.
Watching it sail through the air onto the couch makes you glad it didn't hit the wall.
Saying your prayers at night is a good thing.
Falling asleep in the middle of them, is not.
Having my agency is the way it should be.
Your kids having their own agency makes your head want to explode.
Carbohydrates are evil.
Carbohydrates are heavenly.
Having a herd of mouse-like-looking dogs is good for your heart. (I'll explain. Having a pet you love is suppose to help you live longer)
Having your home teachers knock loudly on the window, scaring the hell out of you and your dogs is not good for your heart and counter-acts that theory!
Teaching your kids to know how to work can be pricey.
Seeing that what you taught them, actually stuck, is priceless.
Having a tooth that needs a lot of work done on it with the nerve exposed is painful.
Having to get it pulled instead, just plain bites and makes you toothless!
Living on a beach somewhere, in the sunshine, on a beautiful island with peace and quiet is a dream.
Looking in the mirror in the mornings usually is a nightmare.
It's true what they say about age 40 being over the hill and everything going south.
And lastly,
Writing these newsletters can sometimes be overwhelming.
Reading these newsletters can always be very rewarding.
Well dear family, thanks for enduring my attempt to be funny and creative with our lives. I probably could've went on and on and made this long and dull since there are so many random factual opinions about our lives. Just remember that there is no such thing as big foot and I'm not scared of him any more and that living in Star Valley, in the '70's at the base of those mountains will do that to a kid. And also that it was always a TIE in the contest between Uncle Johnny and Uncle Newel's scary faces they pulled. There was never any WINNERS in that game.
Love you all, Love Sherrie, Erik and Amy Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment