






February 2, 2010
I guess it’s that time again... This past year has been a rough one in some ways– mainly work. It’s been hard keeping a job. But like it’s been said that Thomas Edison didn’t fail 2000 times he just learned 2000 ways how not to make a light bulb. So... Brooke, who should probably be writing her own portion of this, works for the City of Henderson for Parks and Rec. She went to Idaho for a month to work for Mary Lynn & Gary watching the little ones during harvest. She made enough money to buy her very own vehicle. Even though it may not be the most ideal one on the planet (something about it keeps overheating) it will always have a special place in her heart. Trust me. Brooke has really found an interest in acting and music. She’s been learning to play the guitar. So I think now she can play the French Horn, Piano, and guitar. She has a lot of talent and is certainly a beautiful woman. Can’t believe she’s going to be 20 soon. She really enjoys snow- boarding too. Brooke’s active in her ward having many activities at the Singles Ward. She loves Disney Land too and has been there quite a few times. Tanner has turned 16 and been finding out what dating is like. He has a few years yet, but gets very excited about going on his mission. He sees a lot of older friends and family going and they are good examples to him. Tanner, as well as many of his friends, have worked hard to receive his Eagle Scout award. He just needs to finalize some paper work and have his Eagle board of review, but has passed off all the requirements. Volley Ball has become his favorite sport. He’s attended the BYU volleyball camp for the past two years and hopes to get a scholarship there for volleyball after he graduates (he’s a junior this year). Basketball will be wrapping up soon for him. It’s been a challenging B-Ball season this year. Tanner does very well in school and Seminary. We’re proud of him for that. He is trying to get a job as a life-guard. He got certified last summer and would like a job. We’d like him to have a job too. Ha ha. Minh has been living here still. She’s trying to get her degree and works very hard and is very dedicated to her goal. She bought her a vehicle too and hopefully will have her drivers license soon. Sandra is STILL working as a Dental Assistant. Yes, it’ll be 24 years this month (Feb) who’d a thunk. But I guess some habits are hard to break. She’s always been the rock in our family. She’s been called as the R.S. secretary and I think she’ll enjoy working with the other sisters in the ward. It’s been a rough year as I stated at the first. We’ve been working feverishly for over a year trying to re- modify our home loan. We hope that we don’t loose it, but as of right now I am feeling more positive than in the recent past. We’ll see... The only traveling that we’ve really been able to do as a family was go to Idaho for Thanksgiving. It was a good trip. We have some really great friends, and family. It’s certainly a blessing in many ways. I still enjoy riding the quad in the desert and exploring. We enjoy visiting with and going out to dinner w/ our friends. Although that has been less and less with little or no work. I’ve been working with the 14-15 year old young men for the past few years. I really love my calling. It’s all fun to see these youth grow up. Regardless of these times we live in, I really do feel grateful, and somewhat optimistic for me and mine. I’m really looking forward to the reunion this year and want to thank Jim and all in advance for Old Mine in Arizona On the trail repair shop making the effort. I hope you all know how much you mean to us. We love you all a great deal and I’m so thankful for my heritage, for the influence that you’ve had in my life. Most of all I’m grateful for the gospel. Thanks Nicole for putting together this news letter. Until July news-letter fans....
Love, Kelly, Sandra, Brooke and Tanner (and Minh too)
No comments:
Post a Comment