Camille 2010

Dear Family,

I wish I kept a journal so I wouldn't have to ask my parents to help me remember what I did each year. I have no memory cells. Most of last year I worked three jobs. Sundance, Heritage school, and Golds Gym. I was able to go home once a month for almost the entire year which was nice. I love Nevada City and my Family. I miss them every day. I was blessed to be able to go to Hawaii for two weeks in May. I went to Oahu with my roommate Julianna and we had a blast. She left four days before I did so I went to Kauai for the first time by myself. We met a nice gentleman while in Oahu who was from Kauai and he took care of me while I was in Kauai. He fed me and showed me the island. He even took me deep sea fishing which was a blast!!! We caught a few kinds of Tuna and Mahi Mahi. We also had a bunch of dolphins swimming with the boat.

July was the family reunion in Wyoming which was a blast and then I went back home to Nevada City to have one with my family which was fun. We spent it doing more camping and boating etc. Summer in Utah was filled with lots of cycling and some boating. I went to Nevada City again in August and September for my Cousins weddings. In October I went to San Diego to be in one of my best friends weddings. Her wedding happened to be on the same day as my cousin Alans wedding which was a five minute drive away. I was able to go to both weddings and see my family as well. San Diego is great. I hope to live there one day.
Shortly before going to San Diego I was offered a new position at the treatment center where I work as the Aquatics Manager. I accepted. I love my new job. Its nice to say that I finally have my first ever real full time job with benefits! The job has given me stability with hours and steady income which I have never experienced before. With my steady schedule I was able to start working on talents that I had been hiding under a bushel.

I made my first CD in a professional recording studio and I also got my first paid gig as a Ventriloquist. I have also been doing singing gigs on the side at resorts. December 2010 I applied to be a customs and border protection officer. I had to drive to Grand Junction Colorado to some random post to take a 5 hour long test. It was composed of math, grammar, and logic reasoning. The test wasn't terribly difficult but the time constraints didn't allow for me to finish so I ended up filling in a lot of blanks. I thought I didn't pass because of that but I found out a few weeks ago that I did pass!!! So now I just have to wait for them to call me in for an interview. My other plan to progress with life is to go back to school for physical therapy. I am going to BYU this spring to take prerequisites and then I will apply to every school in California. I cant wait to get out of Utah.

I am slowly moving forward with my ventriloquism excursions. The school I work at asked me to be the performing guest for leisure education for every home on campus. There are about 150 kids and 11 homes. So this month I will be busy with that. Well that pretty much sums things up for me! I cant wait to see you all in my favorite place in the whole world in just a few months! Please do not miss it! Its the best place in the world!

Love, Camille

No comments: