Kim 2010

Hello to all,
Happy 2011! I am happy to be on to a new year. How about you? As I write this I’m looking out my office window at snow, snow, and more snow. But the days are getting longer and I am anxious for spring.
It seems as though the economy is improving in South Dakota, because it has been a better year for me in sales. We did have the Olympics this year and that is always a very big event. I’m grateful that I’m still gainfully employed!
I’ll let Mandy and Chris write about their trip to Mexico, but I will share with you about a wonderful trip Mandy and I made out to the Black Hills with the horses. We went over Labor Day weekend and took along another girl friend of mine. The three of us had 2 full days of riding in the beautiful Black Hills. We stayed at a horse camp right on the edge of Custer National Forest. I rode my new mare and she did very well. Mandy rode Harley my tried and true gelding who is worth more than gold. If I didn’t know better I’d think he came out of Babe. He’s got that kind of temperament and is very smart and willing. I’m wondering how many of you young uns remember Babe. She was Grandpa’s very famous kid’s horse who foaled many more famous kids’ horses. She taught me how to ride and I’m sure many more of you as well. How about Goldie?? Dang I’m feeling old just writing this. I’m sure I’m probably one of the few grandkids who remember Goldie because I can barely remember him myself. (and I do hold the honor of being the oldest grandchild) I remember the morning he died. I was at Grandma and Grandpa’s and it was a very sad day. I know Newell and I were crying…probably some of the other unks too if they are honest!
I did sell two horses this year, which for me was quite a big deal. I’m much better at buying than selling, but it finally occurred to me that I can only ride so many horses. I’m down to 3 and 2 of them will be with me for the duration. I am going to breed my mare this spring for sure to a stallion that goes back to Sugar Bars several times. He’s the youngest standing grandson of Sugar Bars in the country. Don’t need another horse, just want to raise another one from scratch before I get too old.
I’m planning on a trip to Wyoming sometime this summer. I am hoping over the 4th of July because I get an extra day off for the 4th.
So I’m anxious to read each of your letters. I honestly can’t think of much else to say. I’ve got so much to be thankful for AND I AM. Mandy and Chris are a blessing to me. I’ll let them share their own news….suffice it to say that I am very proud of both of them. I won’t be able to make it to the shin dig in California, but hopefully I will see some of ya over the 4th.
Love to you all! Kim

This is a trail ride to the Black Hills Mandy and I took over Labor Day.


This is my loyal companion Libby.




Beautiful South Dakota sunrise! Come visit!

No comments: