Melanie & Elliot 2010

Dear Humpherys-

Last year was pretty much like the year before. We started out last year with our new baby Carly; she’s grown up way to fast on us. She learned to do so much in such a short amount of time. She’s one now and she loves to climb on anything especially the kitchen chairs and then on to the kitchen table and dance. She’s always into something she’s not supposed to be into. She loves to tease her sister, take baths, and wrestle with her dad. She’s a ball of fun and so different than Josie was as a baby.

Josie started preschool and loves going. She just barely turned four so she’ll be going to preschool for two years. But I think she needed the social interaction. We don’t have too many kids around here her age. She’s learned how to spell her name and write it, she’s learned so many songs and loves all of her new friends. She’s really a sweetheart when she wants to be. She’s learned how to be such a great help with Carly. She just went into Sunbeams and loves it, I’m glad she missed the deadline (by 3 days) so she could have a little bit more time in nursery to grow up.

I am now in the primary presidency serving as the 1st councilor. It’s been a learning experience, learning how to teach kids sharing time. I thought my last calling as a Relief Society teacher was hard but I was wrong. Trying to keep children’s attention and interested for 20 whole minutes is way harder. I love to hear what
Josie learned from my lessons. I’m also busy being a mom to my busy girls.

Elliot still works at fidelity investments. This past summer he worked on our back yard and took apart our deck. He also bought a bike this summer hoping to get some exercise outdoors, he’s really enjoyed that. He’s been busy with his same church calling as the financial clerk. He likes working with the bishopric so closely.
Our favorite mini vacation was this past September when Elliot surprised me for our 6th wedding Anniversary. We went back to our old stomping grounds Snow College. We haven’t gone back since we left and it’s changed so much. We stayed in Manti at a bed and breakfast and then the next morning we hiked up to where Elliot proposed to me. It was only for a day since I was still nursing Carly so we couldn’t be gone for too long. It was perfect and we loved every minute of it.

We loved the Humpherys Reunion this summer. Josie talk’s about it all the time, she tells me she wants to go camping again so she can ride horses and see all of grandpa Rays brothers and she especially remembers how Newell hurt his finger (we don’t want that happening again.). It was so much fun seeing everyone and catching up on old times. We hope to come to the Reunion this year if Elliot’s job allows us too.

Here’s to another year
Melanie, Elliot, Josie and Carly Decker










No comments: