Dear Family,
It seems last year started with the reunion. I just planned and replanned and then tried to remember what I had planned. Old age, I guess, but I’m still kicking and driving back and forth to St. George, also, keeping pretty active here. I appreciated the help from all my family for the reunion. Kids and grand kids are WONDERFUL. It was certainly a family effort, with Jim at the helm. Also, my siblings were very helpful and thoughtful. When I was scrubbing potatoes and making salads I would find my brothers at my side. All in all, it was a joint effort. We couldn't have done it without everyone contributing with horses, 4 wheelers etc. The food was good due to the fact that all of you followed through with your food assignments so EFFICIENTLY. Newell followed through at the expense of losing the tip of his finger. He says it’s okay now.
We parked by Shawn and Hillary. Shawn was so good to help with the trailer that I rented and knew nothing about. I got to know Shawn’s whole family so much better, even after I had played and talked with all of them when I was down at Gerald and Tena’s this spring. Tena, I can’t tell you how thankful I am, and of course the whole family is, that you are doing so well. You are undoubtedly a survivor.
I’m very grateful for the fun but yet, SAFE time we all had but most of all for the memories I made with so many of you. Chelsea, it was so cool that we got to meet Jason at a reunion where we had the time to get to know him. Thanks, for bringing your other friends. Their music brought back memories of other special times. Kim, it was fun to meet your husband and new little one. OH, many new ones were on the scene. Sherri and Eric, we won’t tell about our memories but we will remember them.We parked by Shawn and Hillary. Shawn was so good to help with the trailer that I rented and knew nothing about. I got to know Shawn’s whole family so much better, even after I had played and talked with all of them when I was down at Gerald and Tena’s this spring. Tena, I can’t tell you how thankful I am, and of course the whole family is, that you are doing so well. You are undoubtedly a survivor.
The Heart playing tradition that started at the reunion and that Ray missed out on has continued with Jase and Logan and other members of the Salt Lake family. With Logan on his mission now, Ray and Jase are still trying to keep it alive. After Jase leaves on March 23, I wonder what Ray will do next.
I spent three weeks in Salt Lake at Christmas time. I arrived on the 18th of Dec. and Logan’s farewell was the next day. What an inspirational talk he gave. It was on the Savior, keeping with the Christmas theme as it was his wards Christmas program. I stayed until we took him to the MTC on the 5th of Jan. That was a day to remember. I’m so grateful Logan wanted me to stay until he left.
We had such a good time while I was there, going out to eat, Jazz game, the Joseph Smith Story after eating on the Roof Restaurant. Movies in the Cassell Theatre and out to see True Grit. We played games about every night, of course hearts and then Rummy Cube, Stratagory and another fun one on New Year’s Eve. Logan and I went to the Salt Lake Temple and then Stacy, Ray, Logan and I went to the Jordan River. Stacy was mistaken twice that day for a youngster. She and Logan were the witness couple. Back to Christmas; it was a treat to go Christmas shopping with both my granddaughters. They were so helpful and kind to me and I loved watching them shop. I had a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner with the Lancaster’s and Christmas morning with both families, Jim’s at eight and Carol’s at ten. After presents, Blair fixed his famous scones with all the other breakfast fixings. What a nice day that was.
I have enjoyed watching the Jazz this winter. Well, that is until January arrived then as you all know it has been a different story. I wonder if they’ll ever get back to where they were at their peak. I went to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert on February 5th. They sang patriotic, popular, musicals, classicals as well as Negro spiritual songs. It was a very fine production. I enjoyed it immensely.
At this writing, I’m hoping to see Shane and Nicole today, Gail, Kent and Liz Humpherys at the temple tomorrow. DeAna and I are trying to round up a date to have dinner together with her family in Cedar City.
I guess this is all the news for now, I hope to see as many of you that can make it, at the reunion in California this summer. LET’S ALL (that are able) SUPPORT NEWELL AND FAMILY LIKE THEY HAVE US ALL THESE MANY YEARS.)
Lots of Love,
Nadean
No comments:
Post a Comment