Mary Lynn & Gary 2011


Dear Family,

So I’m only a month and a half behind when Hilary wanted this in! I’m not sure what has taken me so long, but mostly I just don’t sit down at the computer much anymore. I check out all the social updates from my phone and if I am on the computer it is to edit a few pictures quick and then I’m off. So, I apologize!

We are doing well. We are building onto our house and I am very excited about that to get some extra room and storage. Maybe now, everything will have a place and maybe it will get put in it’s place. Maybe not, who knows. Gary is still farming the same things as always. I’ll let you remember what those are. If you don’t, well, look at last years newsletter.

Emalee is 11 years old and in 5th grade. It’s been so nice to have her babysit for us. So much easier than trying to arrange for one. She is doing very well in school and still loves it! She broke her elbow last harvest running in from recess and another kid stepped on her heel and she fell. She wouldn’t let the teacher’s call me and tell me she hurt it because I was driving truck and she didn’t want to bother me. When the kids got home from school I called her to tell her that I would be coming to get them to ride with us instead of them going to the neighbor’s house. She let me know that she had hurt her elbow really bad and thought it was sprained. When I got there it looked like the bone was dislocated. We went to the clinic and found out it was broken and would need surgery that night and pins put in it. That was a crazy day and a trying time for her. She had the cast on for 6 weeks and had physical therapy for 9 weeks. She learned a lot from that experience, however, so I think it turned out to be a blessing. She is still playing the violin and fiddle.

Shortly after her accident we got in a car accident. We were rear ended while we were waiting for a tractor to go by and the young girl didn’t notice the line of cars stopped. None of us were hurt thankfully but the car (that we had only had for two weeks) was totalled. Another new experience we learned this year!

Jake is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. He gets good grades in school but doesn’t love it quite as much as his sisters. He would rather be with his dad or riding his motorcycle and four wheelers. He also got to ride a snowmobile on his own this year around the trails of the cabin we rent every year. He really had a good time getting to go on a trek with his Grandpa Humpherys last summer from Montpelier to Afton. He loves horses and animals too. He wishes we would let him get another dog but we are tired of them getting ran over so he has to live without one. He is still playing the fiddle. We switched his teacher to just a fiddle teacher and he is enjoyed it a lot more. He loved playing Jazz ball this winter and he talked me into letting him play baseball this spring and is enjoying it so far. I’m not sure I’ll see him play much. I’ll be sitting in the car while it’s cold.

Megan is 7 years old and in 1st grade. She LOVES school and sports. She wishes she could sign up for every extra-curricular activity they offer. She LOVED playing Jazz ball again. Everyone just loved to watch her play because she is so happy and excited about it all of the time. She also plays the violin and fiddle and has picked up on it so fast. It bothers her brother a little that she is almost at the same level as he is when she started 9 months later. She is also going to be playing softball but won’t start until June. She loves to read and write her own stories. So far, she is my “easy” child and helps make my life easy.

Landon is 3 years old and his parents little buddy. He goes with his dad quite a bit and hangs out with his mom as well. He begs his Mom to go to Walmart. That’s his favorite place! He loves to go with his Dad to the shop and work on equipment or to ride in the tractor. He was my passenger last year during harvest and loved to ride in the truck all day long. He will start pre-school next year but we probably won’t have him start Kindergarten for another two years because of his late August birthday.

Well, I’m sure I didn’t give all the news and updates I should have, but this year has just gone by and I can’t think of much more to say. I can’t wait for the reunion this year! (Mostly I just can’t wait for summer and warmth. )

~ Gary, Mary Lynn, Emalee, Jake, Megan, and Landon


No comments: