Another year has come and gone. I am in my second year of retirement and still loving it. I have to admit the first year was better than the second. Who knows maybe I will go back to work part time.
We have had a good old fashioned winter so far, with a fair amount of snow and below zero temperatures.
Tena and I still see a fair amount of football and basketball games. Madison is a senior and will probably go to state on February 14th. They took 3rd in state last and have been ranked 1st in the state for about the last half of this year.
Other than that we have been feeding horses and Tena is still going to work everyday. She still has 2 more years to go before retirement. That kind of talk makes us sound kind of old doesn’t it. I am still the High Priest Group Leader and Tena is the Cub Master in Scouting. She says she does not like it but I don’t think I believe her. On the 15th of June, three kids, 3 in laws, and10 grandkids later we well have been married for forty years. Can not believe it. I guess we need to do something special, but cant decide what. First I am kind of a home body and am kind of a tight wad as well.
Christmas was good but it seems to come and go in a big hurry. Much faster than it did when we were all kids. We had a great Thanksgiving. Florence, Larry, Vance, Marcella and Neva came to our house. Also Shawn, Hilary Hayden, Hadley, Hallie, and Hunter.
I got into bow hunting this fall. It was great fun. I missed a cow the first day.
I thought there would be other chances, but I was wrong. It is still a lot of fun being out there and listening to the elk bugle and watching them out smart Shawn and Shane. Shawn and Shane usually get the best of them but not this year. We talked Tena into putting in for an elk licensee. She consented not thinking she would draw out. But Tena has always been lucky and she drew out. She killed a nice 6 point elk at 450+ yards. Thats my story and I am sticking with it. Shawn tried to take credit for it but he was just jealous of Tena's nice shot.
It was another successful year at Grand Targhee. I gave over 800 hundred horse rides. The highlight of the summer was having Sharon, Kim, and Pam come up and take a ride and have lunch with me. What a pleasure that was.
I hope they submit some pictures to the newsletter. Hope they can make it again. Sharon was a pro. She said she was not stiff the next day and I believe her.
The year of 2012 will always be remembered as the year we lost out beloved brother Robert. It has been a long winter and I am still trying to adjust, and get used to the idea. This summer I took a ride after work to Jackson Hole. I went to the stage stop and just sat there for about 15 minutes and reminisced about old times. I would have stayed longer but it became awkward when the tourist started wondering why I was just sitting there crying.
I hope all of you are all healthy and doing fine. We all take our turns of having different trails in our lives. It is a big part of what live is all about. Hope to see you all at the reunion. The Dean and Neva Humpherys reunion well be on the August 15th and 16th. (location yet to be determined) The Ray Humpherys Reunion will be on the 17th of August in Star Valley somewhere.
A little note of interest. If you have been paying attention to N.F.L football lately, their was a little girl named Sam Gordon, who has become quite a Star, and has drawn a lot of attention, nationally. She was on the Today show and a number of other TV appearances. She was originally from Blackfoot and Linda had her in her 1st grade class a couple of years ago. (not to steal Linda’s thunder) She now lives in Utah.
Love
No comments:
Post a Comment