2013 the
Lam-metzg-or-eaux’s (Lamoreaux and
Metzgers) (But you got that right? I didn’t need to tell you.)
This year we’ve had a few big things. It’s tempting to just say, “check out my
blog” (www.wholesome-homemade.blogspot.com) but I won’t. That would be cheating and kind of lame to say.
I want to say that you’ll find the
funniest stuff the kids said throughout the year on facebook, but I won’t
because that’s a cop out and the whole point of the Humpherys Herald is to
communicate with family those things that are more newsletter worthy, right?
So we almost moved to Alaska. That was a big thing and we were all very
excited about it, but it didn’t work out so much…for now.
Another big thing was that Ian had two heart procedures for
his SVT. That’s pretty big stuff for
us. He told me from time to time that
his “heart was beating really fast” and so last summer I took him in for a
check up and the pediatrician found it
immediately. His doctor could detect it
just with his stethoscope. The EKG right
there in the doctors office detected it immediately as well. This is a blessing because some people have
this problem but doctors can’t detect it.
So they scheduled his first Ablation procedure for September and he went through it like a champ. His follow
up showed that they didn’t get all the problem spots in his heart and he still
had an “incessant rapid heartbeat”. They
scheduled another ablation procedure for December 9th and we have yet to have
his follow up. It is scheduled in a couple of weeks so we will find out if it’s
been totally ablated or not. Hope so!
Crossing our collective fingers. One
cool thing about it though was getting to see cousin Carol and have her do
Ian’s EKG’s. That and visiting with
Aunt Nadean. Family is the best. I love you all and cherish any and all
moments I get to spend with you in any form.
So we didn’t move to AK, but we did move to Layton. It’s a close second… It’s exotic in its own way…
It means I get to see Lisa and Michelle and the rest of the
Ray Humpherys clan more often and I love that so much. We have history you know. We go way back.
Living in “The City” means we are closer to Idaho and we
get to see family up there more often too.
Living in So. Utah meant I got to see Kelly often and waved
at Barry as he drove by a few times.
Almost moving to AK meant I got to talk to Sherrie a LOT and get to know
Brent better.
I love keeping tabs on you all through Facebook and on the
phone and when you are passing through to deliver beds etc. You can be sure that I stalk you on Facebook
at any given point because I love to see
your photos and read the funny things you post and I feel connected to you
through those means but just on a smaller scale than with this wonderful yearly
Humpherys newsletter.
I don’t
know if you know it, but you all are my favorite people.
I just realized that I’m pretty much writing this newsletter
like I write my blog (www.wholesome-homemade.blogspot.com) which is in first
person and since I’m not about to start over and re-write this, I guess I
should say a few things about the rest of the fam.
Abby
She’s a typical baby of the family. She loves to entertain us and wants to be a
rock star when she grows up. She keeps
us all laughing and many Facebook posts are dedicated to the hilarious things
she comes up with. She is in
kindergarten and is smart of course, but I was a little concerned when all she
cared about when she first started school was who had a crush on her and who
she had a crush on. She seems to care
less about that since we moved. Phew!
Ian
Well, his year has been about school, doctor appointments and Pokemon. He loves Pokemon. He loves his teacher in his new school and
I’m here to tell ya, teachers can make or break a student—something I think I
posted on Facebook when we started school this year. Can I get an Amen?
Savannah
She has been blessed with two great teachers this
year. Her teacher in Cedar and her
teacher now have been fabulous and she is a really great student. She is anxious to turn 12 and be grown up and
I hear often “Mom, I’m almost a teenager!”
Oh heaven help me…
Brexie
The twins—Brexie (… Braylan and Lexie) are wonderful. They are the best babysitters on the planet
and they do well in school and they are currently in drivers Ed. Oh heaven help us… They can make you a mean “snow cone” and are
almost to the dating age… see above.
Brian
He works 10-12 hour days and is really good at his job and
had the highest numbers in the whole Jerry Seiner chain after only working
there for two months. He is a trooper
because as good as he is at his job, deep down, ultimately his dream job is to
be a hunting/fishing guide in—you guessed it,
ALASKA! Someday, hubby someday…
The Highlight of our year was running our “Small
Business”. We ran a Shave Ice Shack last
summer and had a ton of fun. The Hula
Hut was such a good experience and would love to run another small business
again. Oh wait, we do! Frontiersman Jerky is another enterprise that
Brian has taken on. After years of
people telling him he should sell his jerky, he is! We found a USDA inspected meat processing
plant in Springville Utah that will produce his recipe. So the
website is being built as I write this and you can go on and buy jerky through
it. It will be www.frontiersmanjerky.com
when it gets finished. We are brain
storming other fun things to sell through it as well. Very exciting.
The
newsletter is kind of like home and visiting teaching, you know you have a
deadline and you kind of dread it, but you go, talk, talk and talk and then are
so happy once you’ve done it. Or is that
just me?
Love to you
all!
No comments:
Post a Comment