Hello all,
Things are great and were in 2013 as well. Emalee is 13,
Jake is 11, Megan will be 9 at the end of March, and Landon is 5.
Emalee is
in 7th grade. I have a Middle School-er
and a teenager!! Fun stuff I tell
ya! She made the volleyball team this
year. She never played before except a
few weeks of Church Ball last year. She
is in love with it!! She is going to do
club ball this spring as well. She has
also been asked to be in the 8th grade choir instead of 7th and she enjoyed her
drama class. She is also on the honor roll and they get to go to Lagoon at the
end of the school year. We never got to
do those fun things for being on the honor roll! I think it is neat they get to. She
still plays violin/fiddle.
Jake is in 5th grade.
He played basketball this year again.
He played against Hayden as well.
Hayden's team was first in the tournament and Jake's was third. He is excited for baseball to start again. He
started learning the violin/fiddle again and is enjoying it more this
time. He only fights me a little when
it's time to practice. {wink} He and I got a snowmobile this year but he
has rode it more than me. Gary has
brought him a few times and I think he rides it better than I do too ..... He loves to ride his motorcycle too. He also got the taste of moving pipe a little
bit last summer and is looking forward to all the money he will make this summer
moving pipe!
Megan is in the 3rd grade and still wishes she could play
every sport. She still plays with a group of boys at recess that tell me she's
one of the best football players. :-)
She played basketball again this year.
She was on Hadley's team. I
really enjoyed going to the games with Shawn and Hilary, and Gerald and
Tena. She is playing club Volleyball now
and is on Hadley's team again. She can't wait for softball to start
either. She has a beautiful voice. She sang a solo in Sacrament Meeting in
January. She wants to learn the guitar
so I may get her in some lessons. She is
learning the piano from me right now.
Landon is 5 and in Kindergarten. He hangs out with his Dad a lot and gets into
everything at the shop. Even when I don't need Gary to take him he does because
Landon thinks I'm boring. It has helped that he is in school half day. He is going to start T-ball this spring but
I'm not sure how he will do. He wanted
to sign up until we got there. haha
Gary and I are still Farming, substituting, and running the
kids around. I still have a few piano
students and Gary snowmobiles when there is snow. We updated our kitchen this year. Shawn was so great to do our concrete counter
tops for us. I have really enjoyed them.
I can not wait for the reunion this year!!!! I can't wait to see all of you who will be
there! It's going to be a blast!! Thank you so much Josh for doing this
Newsletter!!! Thank you all who write
one! I know that many say this, but not
very many families do this and even though we have facebook, the little
snippets don't quite help us know about each of the families lives. This builds on the photos and things from
facebook and helps me stay connected to all of you. I love you all so much. Thank you!!!
~
Gary, Mary Lynn, Emalee, Jake, Megan,
and Landon Evans
No comments:
Post a Comment