Gerald & Tena 2013

Dear Family
Hope this letter finds everyone on the upside of life’s challenge.
Starting now, and working my way back as far as I can to last newsletter, I should be able to remember for a month or so. Tena and I, Shawn and Hadley, and Linda whole family just returned from Kennewick Washington. We went to watch Madison in her final basketball tournament for the year. We all had a good time together and had a good time watching Madison and other ball games in the tournament.
I am still enjoying retirement. I am staying busy but it is nice to do things on my own time. When they say that every day is a Saturday and every night is a Friday night when you are retired is sure a true statement. My time is spent taking care of the Dude horses, eating breakfast with the rest of my retired buddies, going to ball games, taking care of my church responsibilities, eating lunch with the rest of my retired buddies, going for my weekly massages at Shane College of massage therapy, going four wheeling with the rest of my retired buddies, hooking up different combinations of horses, with the sleigh or the wagon depending on the amount of snow we have, going to the store for an occasional grocery run for Tena. Putting up and taking down hundreds and hundreds of Christmas lights, and one time I think I vacuumed the carpet on the stairway. Tena tells me often that I am terrible with house work and she is probably right.

I am going backwards on the camping. I went from tent to 5th wheel trailer back to tent. I bought a 14 by 16 wall tent last year and we are enjoying it very much. We especially enyoy winter camping in the snow and the cold. There is nothing more cozy than a tent and a wood stove. My buddies and I are going Thursday Friday and Saturday on a camp out/ four wheeler ride. Got to do these thing while I am still a youngster.
I still run my horsed up at Grand Targhee Resort. Hard telling how long I will continue doing this.
I am sure there is other thing to say but cant think right now. Well spend the rest of the time mabe posting some picture;
Tena and I are very blessed and happy to report good health over the past year. I need some new knees and need to lose 50 pounds but other than that we are doing fine. Tena is doing great because she takes better care of herself, than I do. She still walks several miles a day and don’t overeat like I do.
She has one more year until retirement, but I am trying to talk her into going out after this school year.
Thanks for everyone who was able to make it to blackfoot last summer for the reunion. Hope I can make it to Bear Lake this coming summer.
Love you all
Gerald and Tena




No comments: