Greeting
from South Dakota!
Hello dear
family,
It’s a cold wintery evening and I’m praying for spring to
get here soon. I guess it’s the perfect
time to sit down and reflect upon the last year and bring you up to speed on
our lives.
The project that has been consuming us for the last couple
of years has been the remodel of our home.
The inside is done, but this spring we will start on the landscaping and
garage. We also plan to build a riding
arena which I am very excited about.
Between Bryan and me, we have 8 grandchildren. I’m hoping they come and ride this
summer. I like the idea of them being
confined in an arena until they get some experience. We have a new pony that we got just before
Christmas. He’s quite a little guy! He runs barrels and has been on trail rides
with his former little girl owners. I
think we’ll have some fun stories to share about “Peanut” in the future. My fondest memories from my childhood all
seem to center around horses. I’m so
thankful that I had that opportunity when I was a kid. THANK YOU Grandpa Dean
and Grandma Neva. I hope to help build
those same memories for our grandchildren.
The other favorite with the Grandkids is Harley. Sophia and Sawyer especially love Harley
Horse. He truly is another Babe. I can’t imagine that all the cousins haven’t
heard of Babe from their own parents, but if not be sure to ask. She was a horse heroine that all of Grandkids
learned to ride on. Uncle Newell and I
use to ride her bareback, double together with just a twine around her
neck. And we’d fall off from time to
time and she would stop and just look at us as if to say…well…get back on.
Bryan had a good year hunting which is his favorite past
time. He harvested a really nice deer
off of the South farm. He shot it with a
pistol…his way of making it more interesting, I guess. He also went wild boar hunting in Texas with
some friends. He got one and all I can
say is they don’t taste too bad if I don’t think about how UGLY they are. They actually just taste like very lean
pork. Bryan does the cooking when it
comes to wild game. He knows how to do
it and he’s a very good cook. We also
have hunters that join us from Arkansas every fall to pheasant hunt. They are a great group of guys and have
become good friends. We always look
forward to that.
We had a couple of fun trips this past year. Over the 4th of July we went to see Mom and
Bob. Pam and Ray met us there too. It was a great time, and it was such a relief
to see how well Mom was doing. She is
one strong woman. I am thankful to Bob
for taking such good care of her. It
meant the world to Pam and me.
Over Labor Day Mom and Bob came to South Dakota. We all met in the beautiful Black Hills near
Hill City. Mandy, Chris, Sawyer and
Sophia came too. It was one of the best
vacations ever. Bryan and I brought 2 of
the horses and we did a little trail riding.
Sophia and Sawyer got their first real taste of horseback riding and
they loved it. I love the Black
Hills. It’s the closest thing to Wyoming
and Montana mountains here in South Dakota.
I really appreciated Mom and Bob making the trip.
I am still working at the TV station hocking television
advertising. It’s a fun job and I really
don’t know how to do anything else so I guess I’ll keep at it. I love spending time with Sawyer and
Sophia. If I don’t get to see them every
week I go thru withdrawal. I’m so
thankful to have them all close by. I
could write about 4 more pages here, but I’ll let Mandy tell you all about
their little lives.
So over all it’s been a pretty good year. We are all so thankful that Mom is doing well
and has made a very good recovery. Bryan
and are looking forward to couple of colts that are due in April. You are all welcome to visit us anytime.
Love to you
all.
Kim and
Bryan



No comments:
Post a Comment