Mandy & Chris 2013

Dear Wonderful Family,
            I am still in the month of March for writing this letter, and so I figure I am doing ok.  We have had another busy year, and as I think back I again wonder where the time went?!  Here is a highlight of what happened this last year in the Williams’ household!
            Sawyer and Sophia turned two January 12th.  I can’t believe how quickly two years has gone by!  They are so fun, loving, caring, energetic, smart, and of course WILD (as most two year olds normally are!!)  When they turned two, they were super into watching Elmo on Sesame Street, but these days they are back into watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Being the teacher that I am, we of course do lots of playing, singing, art projects, and reading books too!  As soon as the weather gets nicer out, we will be playing a lot outside also.  The kids LOVE to ride on the tractor, semi, combine, old pickup, pay loader, skid-loader, excavator, pretty much anything that moves outside is what I should just say that they like to ride on!  Typical farm kids I guess, but we are thankful for that!  Sawyer is very protective of his sister, and he loves her very much!  Sophia also loves Sawyer very much, but she loves to pick on him too!  He will make her tough as they both already like to wrestle around and beat up on each other.  Or should I say she will make him tough?!  Crazy how fast they can be playing so nice and showing such sweet sibling love and then bang, they are off fighting the next minute.  They are usually fighting over feeding the dogs.  They feed them literally about ten times a day, and it is not because our two tiny indoor dogs eat that much food!   I am very thankful that I get to stay at home with the twins though and watch these loving and challenging moments!  The time goes by so fast, and it has been amazing to get to watch them grow up! 
            This summer Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Bob traveled to South Dakota, and we all stayed out in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  We had a blast getting to catch up, go swimming, go riding horse, go sightseeing, and just enjoying the great outdoors.  Wish we didn’t live so far away from Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Bob and Pam and Ray!  We cherish every time we do get to spend with them!  The twins loved riding horse with Grandma Kim and Grandpa Bryan, and they wanted to help each time the chores needed to be done including carrying water in the water buckets!  You can just imagine what that looked like….a two year old trying to carry a big horse bucket of water!!  When it was time for one to get off from riding, they would grab ahold of the saddle horn real tight and turn their head the other way as if to say, “Just try to get me off of here!!” 
            This last December my mom took me to the NFR in Vegas for a long weekend!  We had the best time!  We went shopping at the Cowboy Christmas in the convention center, and we shopped till we dropped let me tell you!  We got to enjoy two nights at the rodeo, and that was such an amazing experience!  So cool to be able to watch the best cowboys and cowgirls in the world perform in front of your very eyes!  It was a dream come true for both of us, and I cherished that we got to do it this first time together just the two of us!  Our flight home was a little crazy with almost a full 24 hours of flying or waiting in the airport and 4 flights to get home, but we got to share our love for Jesus with a young boy who was living a hard life.  It made the long trip home worthwhile. 
            Chris is still working at Trail King designing the big specialized trailers.  He hopes in the next couple of years to get a promotion and be the Chief Engineer after his boss retires!  He still loves being outside the most working on one of his many projects.  He was able to purchase a broken excavator off an on-line auction.  He will hope to do some business with that this summer along with his new spray foaming business and of course his hobby farming.  As busy as he is, he is an amazing dad and husband, and he makes time to spend with his family first!
            I just started selling for a company called Celebrating Home.  It is one of those home party businesses, so I am able to work when the kids are taking their naps and then go put on home parties for people about once a week.  I just started in February, and I love it!  It is a way for me to get out of the house every once in a while and also feel like I am contributing to the bills each month.  If any of you are interested, I will throw out my online website.  Feel free to check out our products!!  It is mandywilliams.mycelebratinghome.com
            Well, we hope this letter finds each of you in good health, and we wish you much happiness this coming year.  We hope to get out to the family reunion one of these years.  We miss you all, and we will love for you to meet Sawyer and Sophia!  If anyone is ever in South Dakota, make sure to give us a call!

                                    Love,

                                                Chris, Mandy, Sawyer, and Sophia Williams   




No comments: