Newell & Sally 2013

Memories Of The Year 2013
From The Humpherys Family
February 16, 2014
Nevada City, California
 Thank you to Josh!! for this year’s Humpherys Herald  Family Newsletter!
            The following are some good memories we had together in 2013—
June, 2013--
I was blessed to travel to Idaho and Wyoming-- First stop to visit my brother Gerald, we talked about old times growing up, and had a great visit, then on to Wyoming, to visit with Florence and Larry in Thayne, then spent the night with Sharon and Bob in Afton and had a nice visit. Then spent the next night with Nadean, and the next day she rode with me to Salt Lake.  I then had a nice visit with Camille, and we attended Ryan and Natalie's wedding.
July--2013-- We enjoyed lots of Boating and Wakeboarding at Scotts Flat Lake together as a family.
August--2013-- Took Trevor and Damien to EFY in  Provo, and had a nice visit with Camille that week.
The following week, school started, so I drove by myself to Blackfoot, Idaho to attend the Annual Reunion.  It was good to see everyone that was there.
September--2013--  Labor Day Weekend, Mom and I, and Camille and Trevor and Damien went to Klamath, CA and stayed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at Kamp Klamath Campround.  We went Salmon fishing.  Camille caught a Salmon on Friday, and also one on Saturday.  A man named Lloyd also gave Camille a Salmon, so we came home with 3 fairly big salmon.    We packaged all the salmon in seal a meal packages, after we had others help us clean the salmon initially at the campround's cleaning station, and put them in an ice chest for the trip home.
C.J. and Camille gave me a Father's Day gift to attend the BYU vs Texas Football game in Provo.  I flew out of Reno on Friday, Ray picked me up at Salt Lake Airport, and we had a great visit Friday night.  Saturday, we left early, had breakfast at Chick-Fil-A in American Fork, then on to Orem, we dropped a birthday gift off to Camille's home, then I showed Ray where Camille worked, then we went to Deseret Industries, and Big 5, then we met Gerald, Linda, Nathan, Trey, and Trey's Friend Jackson, and Madison, and our cousin Michael Thurman at Chuck-A-Rama, and had a nice meal, then off to Lavell Edwards Stadium, where we took a picture of us all by the statue of the cougar.  Shortly after, about 4:15 P.M. , a severe  rainstorm suddenly came and Ray and I helped the vendors put away their canopies.  The game was delayed for two hours, while Ray and I sat in his car and waited.  Finally the weather cleared up and we watched the cougars blow out the Texas Longhorns 40-21.  Sunday, we attended two Sacrament Meetings, then visited Josh Lancaster for about 30 minutes,  then we went to Michelle and Ben's in Clearfield for a big dinner get together, then on the way home, we visited Lisa and Jim, and Melanie and Elliott, and I got to see where they lived.  Monday, I went to work with  Ray and got to see him in action, teaching P.E. to 1st through 6th graders, then Ray dropped me off at the airport and I flew home.
On September 14, I went to Napa, CA with my former missionary companion, Cliff Gay.  We visited the Eides, and another family.  It was good to spend time with Cliff.
October 2013--We enjoyed a nice trip to Hawaii--surfing, swimming, snorkeling, Polynesian Cultural Center, etc  We stayed at our friends (The Duarte's)  They are so welcoming and loving. Camille joined us for most of the week.  It was Trevor and Damien's first time to Hawaii.
November, 2013, Sally had another skin cancer surgery on her neck.   This time, a specialist in Sacramento, said he removed all the cancer, but in doing so, we think he hit a nerve, because she has had severe headaches since.  We hope eventually the headaches will go away, and she will heal completely.
            I am so grateful to have a family.  I love each and every one.  We have had more trials than usual this year.  I hope we can make it through both the good and bad times.   Sally does so much for all of us.  She is our anchor.  Don't know what we would do without her.
Trevor played on the Varsity Basketball Team for part of the season.
Damien played on the freshman soccer and freshman basketball teams this year.  Trevor and Damien both enjoy and are good at music.   Damien is still really good at repairing bikes. 
Newell still enjoys being the Public Address Announcer for the Nevada Union Boys  and Girls Varsity Basketball games.  This is his 20th year--(25 if you include 5 years of girls varsity announcing)-- this might be his last year.   He is still teaching early morning Seminary.  This might be his last year after teaching 20 plus years.
Sally still teaches part time for the High School District.  She personally helps students on an individual basis.  She helps each student get his/her diploma through a combination of home study, online classes, college classes and high school classes.  She is an awesome teacher, and goes the extra mile with each student.  She also spends hours each week helping Trevor and Damien with their homework.
  Sally enjoys her calling as Ward Choir Director, and she teaches a Sunday School class to teenagers, one of which is Trevor and maybe soon, Damien
    Each year continues to go by too fast.  We are grateful for all our blessings. We hope to see each of you soon, perhaps at another reunion.

WITH LOVE FROM NEWELL,SALLY, TREVOR, AND DAMIEN HUMPHERYS


No comments: