Chelsea and Jason
Dear Humpherys Family,
We hope this letter finds you all doing great! Jason and I are still living in Atlanta since moving here in 2012. We have a beautiful little boy named Jackson who just turned one in December 2014. He is quite the cutie and we just couldn’t be more blessed. I can’t wait for everyone to meet him this summer at the reunion in Montana! Here’s some more detail on what’s been going on with us.
Chelsea – I retired from the workforce to be a stay-at-home mom when Jackson was born. Prior to that, I was working as a Business Analyst at the corporate headquarters of a nationwide dental chain. I joined a meet up group shortly after Jackson was born here in Atlanta so we hang out with other stay-at-home moms who have children of similar ages. We meet up with them around 3 times a week, so it gives me a chance to visit with other moms and Jackson loves seeing his little friends. Aside from that, I keep busy taking care of Jackson and the home, I finally understand the saying, “a mother’s work is never done” haha! We also have 8 rental houses now that I am managing as well.
Jason – Jason is currently working at Xavient as a Visual Fx Artist. His company is working on their second game since he’s been there that will launch in a few years. Jason also enjoys painting in his spare time, he has quite the collection of artwork that he’s had displayed in several local galleries (and all over our house J). Most of his spare time these days is spent playing with Jackson. Jackson squeals with delight when he hears the door open each night his daddy comes home and soaks up every minute of time they spend together. On a very sad note, we lost Jason’s mom to cancer last summer. It has been an enormous loss to our family and we miss her and think of her daily.
Jackson – Jackson is walking and talking and is such a busy boy. He wakes up ready to go and explores everything we’ll let him. He can make around 10 animal sounds and he recently learned how to throw a ball (he can even toss a football). He loves to flip through his books and his favorite words are “Elma” otherwise known as “Elmo” and “ana” for “banana”. He has even started to sing along with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star! It’s shocking to me that he’s trying to sing the words already (without coaxing) and I’m wondering if maybe he inherited my Dad’s talent of music. Maybe it skips generations? J We try to make it to a baby music class once a week and I’m encouraging him where I can. He is off the charts for height and in the 90th percentile for weight. Curt thinks he might take his title of the tallest Humpherys. Haha! He was 10 pounds 9 ounces at birth so if that’s any indication, Curt may be right!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion this summer! I hope it will be a great turnout, we are anxious to catch up with everyone!
Love,
Jason, Chelsea & Jackson Key
No comments:
Post a Comment