Mandy and Chris
Dear Wonderful Family,
Newsletter time has rolled around again, and I am once again late with my newsletter! Ughh…Sorry!! We have had another busy year, and as I think back I again wonder where the time went?! Here is a highlight of what happened this last year in the Williams’ household!
Sawyer and Sophia turned three in January. I can’t believe how quickly three years has gone by! They are so much fun and bring so much joy into our lives! They are usually busy playing dress up. That is their favorite activity to play at the moment. Sawyer is constantly changing his clothes from being a farmer, to a cowboy, to a knight in shining armor, to Spider Man, to Superman, to Jake from the Neverland Pirates, to Awesome Guy! Hard to keep all of his “parts” to all of his “outfits” in place! Sophia is changing her outfits from one Princess dress to another or from one skirt to another skirt. Her “parts” include high heels, make-up, jewelry, a magic wand, and a hand held mirror! Needless to say this is why I HATE laundry and STRUGGLE to keep up with it all the time between those two!!
They continue to LOVE being farm kids! Sawyer is his father’s son and helps Chris fix things like his excavator and pay loader in the shed. If he is not there he will be on the tractor helping Chris with planting or harvesting. Sophia takes after Grandma Kim and I with her love for horses. She is a brave little turd and even after a little episode with their new pony “Hector” she wasn’t afraid to get right back on! Thank goodness for that!
They continue to amaze us with how smart they are and the things they learn and pick up. Grandma Kim teases me that I better slow down on what I am teaching them otherwise their Kindergarten teacher will hate me by the time they start Kindergarten! Ha! I also LOVE the fact that they LOVE each other and have a LOVE for God already at such a young age. I just heard through the monitor the other night Sophia comforting Sawyer when he was scared. She told him not to worry because Mommy and Daddy will protect us, and God will protect us and keep us safe too! He loves us! Talk about melting a mother’s heart! Sophia likes to pray at meal time and Sawyer’s little loving and generous heart that he shares to all people is priceless. This has been altered a tidge bit by their new awareness of strangers. Now all we hear when we are out and about and in not quiet voices might I add is “Is that a stranger Mommy? Is he a nice stranger or a naughty stranger Mommy?” Why did I think it was necessary to teach them about strangers as three year olds? They have truly blessed our lives, and we love them with all of our hearts!
Chris and I were able to go last May on vacation to the Bahamas with a group called Love Song Couple’s Getaway. We had so much fun enjoying the beautiful ocean and sights of the Atlantis. The main thing we did while we were there was listen to a couple different Christian pastors/speakers and go to three different concerts put on by popular Christian singers. We had so much fun and enjoyed our time together. Hard to believe that this coming June we will celebrate our ten year anniversary!
This last summer Grandma Sharon and Aunt Pam traveled to South Dakota in June. We had so much fun getting to play, ride horse, make pasties, and just catch up. Wish we didn’t live so far away from them all but we do cherish every time we get to spend together! Hopefully we will get to see them this summer as well.
Chris is still working at Trail King designing the big specialized trailers. He still loves being outside the most working on one of his many projects and of course farming. This last summer he was able to drum up some business with his excavator that he had fixed the year before. We hope that this sideline business continues to do well for him this summer as well! As busy as he is, he is an amazing dad and husband, and he makes time to spend with his family first!
I still love staying at home with the kids! I am so thankful that we are able to find a way for me to do this as the years are just flying by and pretty soon they will be starting Kindergarten! The plan is for me to go back to teaching once the kids are old enough to start school. As for now, I am still selling with my Celebrating Home business. I am in my second year now. It is nice to be able to get out of the house and have some adult conversation every once in a while. Ha!
Well, we hope this letter finds each of you in good health, and we wish you much happiness this coming year. We hope to get out to the family reunion one of these years. We miss you all, and we will love for you to meet Sawyer and Sophia! If anyone is ever in South Dakota, make sure to give us a call!
Love,
Chris, Mandy, Sawyer, and Sophia Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment