Hello everyone,
Well I can’t really remember what happened this last year in
any sort of chronological order.
Everyone is doing well. We keep
busy working, carting the kids off to whatever sport they are playing, and
hanging around the house.
We got the pleasure of having my mom, sister, and nephew
come out here for some visits. It sure is nice to have them here. They will be here for spring break coming up
real soon. We can’t wait to see them
again.
The kids and I were able to make it to the reunion this
summer at my mom’s house. It was great
to see everyone who was able to make it.
We stopped over at Yellowstone and spent the day there seeing the
sights. We even got some close ups of
some elk and a few buffalo. One of the
buffalo was close enough that Ella thought he looked mad. Jerri wasn’t able to make it due to her new
job requiring a training class during that time. She was disappointed that she wasn’t able to
see everyone and missing out on the park, but she was happy to get a new challenge
with her new position. We also bought
her a new car so that was exciting for her.
I hope we don’t have to shop for a new car again anytime soon.
Jerri’s mom was able to come spend two weeks with us during
Christmas and New Year’s. It made the
holidays even better. It was the first
time we have been able to spend time with her during Christmas.
In November, we had to put our beloved dog Abby down. She was 14 years old and lived a great life,
but it didn’t make it any less sad to have to deal with that. We did get a new puppy in February named
Leia. She is an English bulldog/lab
mix. She is very much loved.
Tyler is doing very well in school. He was recently awarded the awesome author
award for his class for a story he wrote about badgers. He played flag football, little league
baseball, and basketball this year. He
likes football so far the most and he scored his first touchdown this
year. I was so happy for him.
Ella is also doing great in school and is getting more and
more into reading all the time. She
likes to shop and is very much a girlie-girl.
I am nearly positive she has more shoes than the rest of the family
combined. She is in gymnastics and has
been progressing through the different skill levels of this very quickly. She loves it.
Now I will get to my memories…
The best memories are probably fishing with my Dad, Larry,
and Bob. It didn’t get any better than
that. Those three together were
priceless.
I remember going to pizza with Grandma one year in
Alpine. I didn’t get to spend much time
with her that was just her and me so I treasure this memory.
I also remember getting to Flo’s house for a reunion. I was told to go find Vance. I went outside, found Vance, and he chased me with a wheat sickle. I ran back into the
house as quickly as I could because I was sure he going to kill me. I was pretty young, but that’s how I remember
it. I have brought it up to Vance in
more recent years and he denies any knowledge of this.
I have a ton more memories, but they are vague and mostly
involve misadventures with horses like getting clothes-lined or bucked off so I
will end this letter for this year.
Hope everyone is doing well,
Curt, Jerri, Tyler, and Ella
No comments:
Post a Comment