Humpherys Newsletter for 2015
It’s so great that we do these newsletters every year! Thanks Uncle Newell for keeping the tradition alive after all these years.
January started out with Jim taking
a trip to see his alumni school team the Oregon Ducks, play in the football
College national championship in Arlington, Texas. Even though they lost he
loved being there watching his team.
Paige turned 8 and was baptized in
January and became a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
It was such a special time for her and all of our family. Hard to believe that
she turned 8! She started on the swim
team with her older sister Allison. She loves it!
We had Isaac in soccer for the 2nd
year in a row, and spent every Saturday in the spring at his games with his
Special Ed soccer team. He started participating more on the field rather than
off the field. Ha!
Allison swam in State again as an
11 year old. She placed in the top 12 out of over 100 in the state in three
events. The 50 yard breastroke, 100 yard back stroke and 100 yard medley. We
are so proud of her! (last year she won
1st place in state as a 10 year old)
We took a quick trip to Cedar City
for a long course swim meet. It was a nice little mini vacation to have a
little break.
In April Stephanie had a little
baby girl and I got to fly out in May to spend 5 days with Stephanie and little
Sadie. That was such a fun little trip to spend time in Indiana!
Allison finished 5th grade, Paige
finished 2nd grade and Isaac graduated from his 2 year program at the Northern
Utah Autism program for preschoolers with autism.
He has made leaps and bounds with
his language, sensory needs, and completely potty trained! So blessed in so
many ways. He loves friends and is a very social friend to all. He got the award for Mr. Personality!
In June I did my 2nd annual Little
Red bike race (ride). I did the max I have ever done, 70 miles! Only one flat
tire luckily, but it was a beautiful ride!
In the summer we had many trips to
Lagoon and Lagoon a beach, where we have season passes. It’s a great way to
keep cool in the summers and have a fun time with the kiddos.
I had my 20 year old high school
reunion. Can’t believe it’s been that long since I’ve been out of high school.
The time flies!
Paige did her first triathlon this
summer. It was so fun to watch her participate! She did a great job!
In August Allison started 6th
grade, Paige, started 3rd grade, and Isaac start kindergarten. It’s amazing how
fast they have grown up.
Paige and I started clogging and are doing our first competition very soon. It is so much fun!
Labor Day weekend we went
backpacking in the Unitahs. What beautiful place to spend the weekend in the
mountains, hiking, fishing, and being with family.
October we had our yearly Humpherys
reunion in Park City. Stephanie and her family surprised us and flew in from
Indiana for the week! That was the best surprise ever! We went hiking, played
games at the park, swam in the pool and soaked in the hot tubs. We have so many
memories from that week.
We have the same jobs as last year.
I was just released as Young women’s president. Jim is now a primary teacher,
teaching the 10 and 11 year olds. Allison is in young women’s and enjoying the
activities.
We are not sure if we will be at
the reunion this summer since it’s the same weekend as Allison’s state swimming
meet. Love hearing about everyone and
hope to see you soon!
One quick memory... I remember when I was about five years old for the first reunion. I remember playing with Vance, Curt and Linda the most. We played along the river running back-and-forth between campsites and tents at Gray's river.
Love, Jim, Lisa, Allison, Paige,
and Isaac
No comments:
Post a Comment