Burnett Newsletter for 2015
Let's see, the biggest thing that happened to us last year was having our sweet little boy Taylor Dawson Burnett on November 23. He surprisingly came two weeks early and weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. We were told in a couple of ultrasounds that he would be born with clubbed feet. So we did our research and learned all about what clubbed feet was because I had no idea. Apparently it is the most common birth defect and predominately in males. It's 1 out of 1000 babies. No one knows why it happens. But it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. When he was born, his feet looked fine to me, just slightly turned in like pigeon toed. It is very correctable thank goodness. He has had three different casts on his sweet little feet and now he is in special shoes with a bar across the bottom to retain them. The doctor said that it's just the tendons and ligaments that are really tight and they want to just make sure they wouldn't turn in again. So we have made many trips to Shriners hospital and I just feel so blessed that they know what to do to make sure my little Taylor walks, runs and plays basketball with the other kids.
Brayden and Jasmine are on a Jr Jazz basketball team right now. Brayden is one of the best players on his team and it's so fun to watch him. We took him to a BYU basketball camp this summer and that was a lot of fun. I don't know who was more excited though, Brayden or me. It reminded me of when CJ, Lisa and I went to the weeklong BYU basketball camp back in the day. We stayed with my grandma and grandpa on my mom's side in Provo and they had a ping-pong table at their apartment complex. We would play for hours. When the rec room was closed, we played ping-pong on the sidewalk. Too funny. Jasmine is really good at defense and it cracks me up because she gets in these boy's faces and it really frustrates them.
This summer we did a lot of fun trips. We went to Glacier National Park for the first time and went across the border to Canada. We also went to Yellowstone Park with my mom and dad up to the reunion at Jan and John's house which was a lot of fun. Pretty much that's what Ben and I do in the summers is go to reunions. Ha ha. We love it. Between his family and mine there are either 5 or 6 reunions every summer. We feel pretty lucky that both sides of our families have reunions every year. It's so much fun.
I would have to say that when it was reunion time in Star Valley we as kids absolutely loved to go to aunt Sharon and uncle Bob's store and pick out a candy, or rent a movie, or just look at all of their awesome antiques. That was always a highlight for sure. A couple other memories would have to do with horses. I always wanted a horse, still do, but it was so fun to go on that horse pack trip with uncle Kenny, uncle Gerald, Barry and my dad. Or being pulled by a horse on a sled or watching uncle Robert, uncle Gerald and my dad break a horse in Robert's arena. Or going on that mini cattle drive, I loved that.
This year will be Ben's and my 10 year anniversary. I can't believe we have been married that long. 4 kids later, we are feeling pretty blessed. Brayden is 8. He was baptized this year and his teacher at school absolutely loves him. He got straight A's so we are so proud of him. Jasmine is 6 and she is definitely a leader with such a happy, bubbly personality. She loves to keep her room clean and organized. Stasia is 2 and has so much personality we don't know what to do with. She comes up with big words that surprise us every day. She just talks and talks. Taylor is 2 months and such a great addition to our family. 2 boys and 2 girls. He's really starting to smile now, I love it. We also have a foreign exchange student living with us named Shannon. She is from China and she will be with us the whole year. She will graduate high school from a Catholic school in Ogden.
I can't even say how much I love my family. I am so grateful for them. They are always so willing to help me out and so service oriented. It's nice that Lisa and I live so close that we can help each other out and watch each other's kids. Melanie even volunteered to clean and organize my whole basement. It looks amazing now. My mom watched my kids while my dad and I went to Indiana to visit Stephanie and her family for a week. That was a real treat. Thanks for doing the newsletter this year Curt. It was fun getting to know you better at the reunion this summer.
Love,
Ben, Michelle, Brayden, Jasmine, Stasia, Taylor and Shannon








No comments:
Post a Comment