Hello Humpherys Family
2015 in review...
In January Josie was baptized on her birthday,
January 3rd. It was such a special day. She is such a sweet little girl and I am so
proud of her decision.
In February, Elliot’s brother took our whole
family on a 2 week cruise to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Aruba, Curacao, and Cozumel
Mexico. It was an amazing experience.
The kids will never forget such a vacation.
April I was so lucky
to go to Indiana and visit Stephanie and her family. My Mom and I braved the
flight with an 18-month old. What were we thinking??? I was so privileged to be
in the delivery room when Stephanie had her c-section for baby Sadie. She is a perfect addition to the Spear
family.
June Elliot’s brother
got married and Josie and Carly were the flower girls. It was a hot but
beautiful summer wedding.
June cont.. Elliot
hurt his ankle in July playing dumb church ball. I thought for sure he broke it, but the first
x-ray said he didn’t. So he walked on it
for another 2 weeks. He then decided to get another opinion. He got an MRI and
another x-ray and it said he tore two ligaments completely, two tendons
partially, broke his ankle, and 9mm chip of bone broke off and is still
floating in there. He got a cast on for a while, but that cast got wet in the
shower so Elliot sawed it off and then he and his doc decided he needed
surgery. Then he had another cast on for another month, and a boot for a few
months. He’s been going to physical
therapy for months, but it’s still not healed all the way. He probably won’t
even be able to jog until this summer.
September The girls
started school at a charter school. It was hard for Josie at first but she has
adjusted. Carly loves Kindergarten and is doing amazing in Math. Carly is still
doing gymnastics and she’s getting so much better.
October Wes turned 2,
I can’t believe my baby is 2! He’s so much fun, he’s very busy. Wes loves to
play with trains, outside, with his sisters and he loves to watch Curious
George. Stephanie surprised us and came to visit for 2 weeks. We love when
Stephanie’s family comes and visits.
December We had a
great Christmas at home with my little family. I felt like I put toys together
all day but it was worth it for all the excitement. Elliot graduated from the University of Utah
with a Bachelor’s of Science in Financial Planning. We couldn’t be more
excited, it’s been a long road but we are so proud of him. Now he is working on his CFP (Certified
Financial Planning) certification.
Melanie is busy with the kids,
carpooling, being primary President and cutting hair from home. Thanks to everyone who helped me last year
with the newsletter. It’s not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Ha! Hope
everyone has a great 2016 and thank you Curt for doing the newsletter this
year.
Love the Decker’s,
Elliot, Melanie, Josie, Carly and
Wesley



No comments:
Post a Comment