CJ & Laurie 2016

Hello Humpherys Family,

I'll start this off by letting everyone know that we will not be able to come to the reunion this year. We are sad that we have to miss it. This year Laurie, Porter and I will be traveling to Spain for a two week vacation to visit Madrid, Barcelona, and the area I served a mission in 16 years ago! We will keep you all updated with lots of pictures and videos. We will most definitely try to make it again the following year.

This last year was a travel-filled year for our family. In February, I flew to California to see Damien receive his Eagle Scout Award. We are so proud of him. In July we took our biggest road trip. Starting in Arizona we travelled to Provo to visit BYU and friends and family. From Provo we headed towards Bear Lake, stopping to go to Lagoon, and then fly fish in the Logan River and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. At Bear Lake we did horseback riding, rented Razors, rode dirt bikes and jet skis, and stayed in a cabin at Bear Lake for a few days. We had such a fun time with Newell, Sally, Damien, Camille, and Lance. After Bear Lake we headed to the reunion in Idaho. It was really fun to see all the cousins again. Our kids can't stop talking about playing with their cousins. They love them so much. In September, Laurie and I got to go to the BYU-Arizona football game in Phoenix. We met up with Jimmy and Stacey and had such a blast with them! In October, Camille got married and we traveled from Arizona to Utah again! Camille's wedding was fantastic, and we had such a fun time. We all love Lance, and are glad he is part of the family. In December we traveled all the way to California for Christmas. We love to head home for the holidays, but are definitely tired of driving this year!

A little about each of us:

CJ- I bought a new motorcycle this year, and I love going on rides in the beautiful Arizona weather. Its such a blast. I still work for the Border Patrol-going on 11 years now. Im part of the Mountain Team at my station, and frequently encounter all sorts of wildlife. Although I haven't seen it yet, our trail cameras have identified one of only two known jaguars in the whole United States! I am still the scout cub master and love my calling. I play on a basketball and soccer team in the military league here at Fort Huachuca. My free time is spent shooting guns, riding motorcycles, and playing with the kids.

Laurie- Is still a preschool aide here in town, and she is always busy on the school PTO board. She has just been recently called as a Mia Maid advisor, and really is excited about it! Laurie stays extremely busy shuttling all the kids to all their activities everyday. In her free time, Laurie likes to sleep, because there is not much of that going on during the week.

Mercy- Excels in school. She is a member of National Junior Honor Society, Builders Club, and plays trumpet in her middle school symphonic band. She is really mature for her age, and always surprises us with how smart she is. She turns 13 this year, and we are definitely nervous about having our first teenager! Mercy takes trumpet and yoga lessons every week as well.

Porter- Is the athlete of the family. He also does very well academically, but his heart is in soccer. He plays on the city travel league team, and competes in big tournaments in Tucson and Phoenix year round. He just made the middle school track team as a 5th grader, and will be competing in the hurdles and long jump against kids 3 years older than him. He is excited but also a little nervous about that. He turns 12 this year, and is really excited to go to Spain with Laurie and I.

Jameson- Turns 10 this year. He loves Science. He is always doing experiments around the house, and is part of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) scouts. He is also an expert video gamer. He does things on a computer I didn't even know were possible as an adult. Im afraid to leave him alone near a computer for fear he could hack something!

Quinn- Our baby just turned 6. She is the princess of the family, always dressing up and doing makeup and hair. She takes dance lessons every week, but still loves to go on motorcycle rides with her dad.


We miss you all,

Love,
CJ, Laurie, Mercy, Porter, Jameson, Quinn

No comments: