Well let's see, I don't think a ton of things have changed for us in 2016. I got to go on an 8 hour horse back ride up in Montana with Ben's dad and a couple other horse lovers, I was in paradise. It was a lot of fun to see Camille get married to such an awesome guy, welcome to the family Lance. I know you guys are so happy and we are happy for you. It was also fun seeing a lot of you at the reunion this summer and Bob's funeral. Bob will definitely be missed. His smile and laugh were contagious. That was always a highlight as a kid to go visit Bob and Sharon at their store, buy a candy and walk around and look at all the antiques, that was always fun.
Ben is still the high priest group leader. It's just funny because he's the youngest one of the group. He still works out every day at the gym during his lunch and continues to eat healthy to keep in shape. He still runs his renting graphing calculator business. That's been getting better and better every year.
I am the music chair person and lead the music in Sacrament meeting. I still do hair and make up on the side and love having a side income and have a creative outlet of doing something that I really love.
Brayden is 9 and has been doing great at his wrestling tournaments, scouts, basketball games, soccer games, swimming lessons and piano lessons. It sounds like he's quite the funny guy at school and loves to make everybody in his class laugh. I know he for sure makes us laugh at home.
Jasmine is 7 and wants to be a teenager tomorrow, which makes me nervous. She already tells me how I should do my hair and brings home boys phone numbers from her class. But she is a real sweetheart with a good heart. She has the most endearing prayers that are pretty precious. She likes to rap and loves to entertain us at home. She was in the play Elf and soccer and swimming. She is the only girl on her basketball team and she is really aggressive. She doesn't let those boys push her around.
Stasia is 3 and now in sunbeams. You never know what's going to come out of her mouth next, she is hilarious. She is always making us laugh and her sunbeam teacher adores her. She is so good at playing make-believe with her imaginary friends and stuffed animals, it's so cute. Taylor is 1 and walking all over the place now. He loves to clap all the time and say uh-oh. He's always smiling his cheesy grin and we love it. He loves to throw balls and giggle. He doesn't need to wear his special shoes anymore which is such a blessing. His feet are totally fine now.
We also have 2 Chinese foreign exchange girls that live with us and sometimes that's not always easy. But they come to church with us and we have taught them how to pray and learn about God and Jesus Christ. We think it's so good for our kids to learn about different cultures in the way other people live.
I am so glad that we continue to do this newsletter every year and we look forward to seeing you guys this summer at the reunion.
Love, the Burnetts



No comments:
Post a Comment