February 2017
Hello Humpherys Family,
It’s fun to look back at our newsletters from year to year and wonder, where did the time go?
2016-Here are the highlights
Jim
Went to a lot of swim meets, clogging performances, and soccer games last year. He taught primary to the 10-11 year olds. Him and Lisa did a triathlon together in May. That was the same one we did in 2009 where we started participating in triathlons. Jim turned the big 4-0 too! He also helped us with a home improvement with painting and new floors in our main living areas. Jim enjoys training for triathlons, swimming in masters meets and spending time with the family.
Lisa
I enjoy playing basketball in the mornings with different leagues at local churches. I continue to clog on a moms clogging team where we also participate in competitions. I was released as the young women president and was put over the emergency preparedness, YW basketball and volleyball coach, and asked to go stake girls camp on the committee. I was on the trek medical team in June helping the youth and the leaders. What a life changing event I was a part of!Loved going on many adventures in 2016 with our family. (We also now have a white van instead of a black van.)
Allison
Allison continues art lessons and is very talented. She continues on the swim team where she took 2nd place in three events at state in 100 yard backstroke, 50 yard backstroke, and 100 yard breast stroke. That qualified her for an all star team that she was a part of called Western Zones. They competed in August in Kearns, UT. That was a special event she was blessed to be a part of. Allison attended her first girls camp. She had a lot of fun. She has gotten really good at the piano. Allison also got braces and started 7th grade.
Paige
Paige has been improving on the swim team. Her times have been getting faster. She loves clogging and performing at competitions. She turned 9 in January (now she’s 10 since I’m writing this in 2017). She tries hard at school and is a great helper with her brother. She plays the piano and I love hearing her songs. Paige earned the “Helpfulness award” at school out of all the students in 3rd grade. Paige also loved our Labor Day backpacking trip with Allison, other cousins and our October trip to Park city.
Isaac
Isaac graduated from Kindergarten and works very hard at school. He played soccer and loved playing both goalie and on the field. He loved our trip to Disneyland over spring break. I took him on some hikes where he could overlook the entire valley. He loved those hikes. He also loved camping with grandpa and grandma in their RV and kayaking in the lake. Isaac took private swim lessons and was improving each time. Isaac loves friends and his cousins. We enjoyed both family reunions we had this summer with our Humpherys cousins.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Star Valley this summer!
Love,
Jim, Lisa, Allison 13, Paige 10, Isaac 6
No comments:
Post a Comment