Linda, Nathan, Trae, Madison, and Carter 2008

Dear Family,


I am in a Super 8 motel and it is about midnight but I promised Uncle Noodles that I would do it tonight before I left for spring break in the morning. I feel like nothing new really happens to us, we just get year older. High light this year obviously are all about the kids.


Trae played JV this year as a freshman, he started every game and had many games with 20+ points. He was also QB for his freshman football team and he had a great personal and team season. He is a good kid. We never have to worry about him and all of his teachers say that he is a hard worker and a leader to his peers. He just got his driving permit and is very cautious on the rode, which is suprising considering that Grandpa Gerald was his drivers ed teacher. Grandpa has had him in other classes this year as well. My mom and dad get to keep an eye on him for me. He is very active in his church responsibilities and he has a good attitude about all of the duties he must do.


Maddy is also having a great year. She played volleyball and basketball. She is very aggressive and competative when she plays. She went to St. George last summer for basketball with the freshman team (as an 8th grader. ) She loved it. She wants to work hard this summer to improve her shot and ball handling. She is now playing soccer. Whe got to go to a Rascal Flatts concert about a month ago, and her name was drawn to go back stage and meet the band and get her picture taken. She was very excited and she has decided that they will sing at her wedding reception some day (atleast 12 years from now). She went to girls camp this year and had a lot of fun. We had to cut it short because of the bear attack that I think most of you have heard a million times, if not, call me, we'll talk.


Carter is in baseball right now. He has declared to the Humpherys Family that it is his favorite sport. Last season he caught the winning catch to end the inning and win the game. Nathan was more excited and emotional than Carter was. Carter also played basketball and did very well. He will get to play tackle football this year. He got an electric guitar for his birthday, and is being somewhat patient with his mother, who keeps telling him when things slow down a little, I will put him in lessons. He went camping with Nathan this summer, just the two of them, and he loved it. He would camp all summer if he could. He likes to help grandpa and after driving the tractor for grandpa one day, he declared that he is going to make a pretty good farmer some day.


Nathan is working as a system foreman for the Railroad. He is in charge of a small gang. He really likes the new things that he has to do. The bosses really like him, and they tell him what a great job that he does. He is at he NCAA tournement right now. He went to BYU football games, went camping, took his family to Florida for Christmas, etc.


Ok the front desk guy just told me that the lobby is closed, so I need to wrap it up.I am teaching first grade and I am tired and stressed and that is why I am leaving on vacation in the morning. I love you all. See you at the reunion.



Love, The Pilster Family

1 comment:

DeAna said...

Linda, you were so kind to leave out that you were flying off to Hawaii so as not to make all of us jealous! Too late, I'm already jealous! LOVE YOU!!!