Shawn & Hilary 2009

Dear Family-
Here we are again, a whole year gone by and time for newsletter again. Thanks to Nicole for putting it all together and for rounding in the stragglers which always seems to include Shawn & I. While we argue about who has to write it every year (I always lose) I actually really appreciate the fact that I am part of a family who cares about and wants to share their ups and downs with each other.
Shawn had a very busy year. We barely saw him this summer due to his extra jobs. He is still a patrol deputy for the Sheriff’s office here in Blackfoot. He loves his job. He works rotating shifts and that can be physically hard but he is a trooper and does it all anyway. Due to several drowning in the area he had a busy summer on Marine patrol. He works so hard in the summer so that he can play in the fall. He was able to spend a few weeks hunting. Hayden even went with him when he shot a bear. This was super exciting for both of them. Shawn spent 10 weeks in Boise from October to December at POST academy. This certification is required for his job. He had already graduated from the 6 week Detention Academy in 2006 and much of what he did in this academy was repeat from back then. We sure missed him. He again was the class clown. The kids and I went to his graduation in December and his classmates all said how fun he was to be around and how he helped them learn with his experiences.


I started the Practical Nursing program in May and have been going strong since. Shawn left for POST during the 3rd week of the fall semester leaving me 3 ½ kids. I never want to be a single mom again and I am sure thankful for all of the help from my family during Shawn’s absence. I could not have passed my classes without their help. I will graduate from the PN program in May. I plan to take a year off and then start back for my RN- slowly but surely. I had been working 1 day a week in the dispatch center at the Sheriff’s office but am currently on maternity leave. I start back in April. They have been so good to let me work there on days that are good for me and I am able to get time off when I need it as well. I am excited for the summer when I can be home with the kids and not be studying all of the time.


Hayden is in the 2nd grade this year. He is doing well in school. His reading scores are improving and he is an excellent speller. Hayden played baseball during the summer and hated every minute of it. He loves to go hunting with his dad- he pretty much loves to do anything with his dad. He also played basketball again this year with Shawn as his coach. Hayden took a picture while hunting with his dad this fall and submitted it to a contest at school. He won first place in photography for the 2nd grade in his school and won $5. Hayden also had an incident this year where he tripped during P.E. and knocked out both of his front teeth. He is truly Shawn’s son J


Hadley started kindergarten this year. She loves the social aspect of school but not the school work. Her teacher loves her and says that she is a wonderful help to her. During her Christmas program we saw first-hand how “helpful” Hadley can be. She told everyone where to stand and what to say. I called it being bossy but her teacher said that when guided it helps her out. Hadley has been so much help to me and has taken on the role of “little mama” around our house. She also loves to help Grandpa with the horses. She was an unofficial member of Hayden’s basketball team and even scored a basket during their last game. She is so excited to play next year.


Hallie is growing like a weed. I thought that she would love it when the kids started school this year because she would have some one-on-one time with me but she really just loves her siblings and can’t wait for them to get home every day. She is stubborn and likes to be in charge. She does things on her time. When she decided that she wanted to be potty trained she was. Hallie loves to follow Hadley around and copy her every mood. It is fun to watch the girls play together. I hope that they can remain good friends through their lives.


Hunter is our newest addition. He was born on January 14, 2010. He was 8 lbs and 20 inches long. He is a little chunk and I love it. He is a really good baby and we absolutely love that he is part of our family. Hunter was born on the first day of the spring semester and I had to go back to classes when he was just a week old. I have not left my other children until they were 3 months old so this was very traumatic to me. Being the amazing baby that he is though, he did well. I have been so fortunate because between my sister and Shawn we have not had to have any of our children in daycare. The kids absolutely love having Hunter around. Hayden waited almost 8 years for a brother and he has been so much help. The girls are both in love with Hunter as well. Most of my day is spent keeping Hallie off of him and telling Hadley to put him down.
We are so excited for the reunion this year. It’s going to be so much fun and we hope that everyone can make it. We are so thankful to be part of this amazing family.
Love,
Shawn, Hilary, Hayden, Hadley, Hallie and Hunter

No comments: